Best Gear in Season 9: Subtlety Rogue
February 3, 2011
This is a full overview regarding how to gear for shadowdance and how stats weigh currently. It includes the best gear setups for full PvP gearing as well as partial PvE sets for those that want to use some raid gear.
Best Gear Setups
This is the best all around gear, however if you don’t have unheeded warning or rather run more resil then swap in a on use pvp trinket, (agi) and bind it to shadowdance.
For those who ask about humans:
This gear combo is the best for a human. It’s damage output is very very high while maintaining solid resil.
This is the same gearset minus pve trinkets and focus’s on resil. You will be very hard to kill and the trinkets are not bad if used around dance for great burst potential.
In the current state of the game the full pvp set is better in most cases though, outside of a trinket really, you don’t need pve gear and resil is just so strong in its current state. Rogue’s should take advantage of this being the first season in a long time to be hard to kill.
Currently for Subtlety, it’s fairly straight forward luckily for stats and it goes the following:
- Hit – get your 5% hit before anything else, no one wants to miss a kidney shot when you go for a kill.
- Resil- it’s just super strong right now, and the more you have the better it works don’t be afraid to hover in the 3500+resil range.
- Agi- The most damage influential stat we can get right now, stack it.
- Crit- No brainer helps alot with burst and sub is all about burst. However it’s not that much better then haste.
- Haste- this was stronger before and its a real up and down stat. When being kited or CC this stat isn’t very good because we energy cap when we are not on the target. So this stat is situational and most people have swapped back to crit. I prefer crit now in most comps, except in 2s.
- Mastery- Semi crappy.
- Expertise- semi crappy as well, getting 5% isn’t all that bad for less missed kidney shots and such but takes to much of a hit on other stats to be worth it.
This can be a annoying part of figuring out your gear but in the Profile you can see almost everything is changed to crit, or hit to achieve the 5% hit cap you need.
Geming since patch has gotten alot better. The [Agile Shadowspirit Diamond] got fixed so reds activate it so we go with this meta and then stack straight agi gems mostly. To get bonus’s for yellow I suggest going agi/resil and in blues agi/hit.
Don’t be afraid to go heavier on resil though it’s really preference.
All the enchants from the profile are the best choices currently, some of them are very expensive so you may want to go for the cheaper versions. If you can’t swing a landslide weapon enchant I suggest going with hurricane, it’s cheap and very good. Some of the old agi enchants may look crappy but they are better then the new alternatives thus far according to some math I read.
To wrap it up there is many ways to go about gearing currently and this is the way I gear and a few other top rogues like to gear. I suggest you use what you like and still try different stuff as gearing can be very preference oriented.
3/3: Updated gear reflecting stat changes and new preferences please check out the new links.