+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

bloodaura is on a distinguished road
    don't expect it to stay like that until the end of the season, when the season starts to come to its end most of the people that are failing to get glad or even R1 in 3s will do 5s. Right now good players are focusing on 3s later on in the season they will start doing 5s.

Epredator is on a distinguished road
    Damn, which battle group is THIS?! @_@

Elfy is on a distinguished road
    Honestly, I disagree with the idea of taking titles out of ratings of arena. I can understand 2v2 having balance issues and its flaws, but I miss TBC where blizzard actually worked to balance around all these brackets, instead of changing the way ratings and things worked. I personally have alot of fun with 5s, and am one of few people who isn't actually a huge fan of 3v3. I think if blizzard changed it so that you only get what you care about through 3v3, it would take away the point of having different arena brackets at all. 5v5 is my personal favorite bracket, and 2v2 used to be alot of fun for me. I simply find 3v3 is so cleave-filled, and it generally just isn't my style of play :/

Darkrah is on a distinguished road
    Is 5v5 really balanced for competitive play now? Even a worthy bracket of the glad title? Somehow I feel 2s is even more balaced, but oh well I just returned to this game.

Bakersfield, California....If you live near me Hit me up on here!
    Spoils is on a distinguished road
    i may be slightly biased since im probably getting a r1 title from 5s =P

but, i feel that 5s is almost more balanced than 3s.

there are few limitations on what comp you can run in 5s.

For example, DKs are obsolete in 3v3 but they can be on a rank 1 5s team.
    Rogues have a hard time getting high rated in 3s, but 5s its not really an issue.

You see KFCs control the top of the 3v3 bracket, but in 5s where there are 2 healers.. they can not just run in and 1 shot things.. but are forced to try to land cross cc or actually swap targets.

I really like 5s but the problem is that nobody really plays it.. if there were more competitive teams playing.. it could get intense.

That being said.. pmuch every bg the only people that get titles from 5v5 is the R1 team.. other than that u get duelist or worse, so it kinda is competitive since every1 is gunning for r1 and not settling for glad.

all this being said-- 3s> 5s in terms of competition and prestige.

Gorn is on a distinguished road
    That's the thing though, they took titles from 2's claiming it was too easy to get them, if they only award titles for 5's no one would ever play 5's ever which is a real shame. It's not like that for every battlegroup though I checked a bunch, there are many where the top teams are rolling at 2600+ and that's with some healthy competition

Sythira is on a distinguished road
    How far back have you been searching threads?

Gorn is on a distinguished road
    The thing is, with 2's the high level rankings will be dps/healer and while you can get fairly far with dps/dps it becomes outrageous higher up for some comps. I rolled warr/dk and we got to about 1480 which for a noob like me was like DDDDD but even my more skilled team mate was hating some of the 2's comps we started facing and there would be just no point trying to push without a decent pocket healer.
    I imagine 5's to be a lot more fun because you don't have to exclude classes and you can still push for high rating.
    The problem is, people only do 2's to get arena master and for quick cap...there's no point progressing there anymore, and if you took titles from 5's as well there would be no point in arena anymore.

Swagtrain is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by madbrah View Post
    wtf server is glad 2200..
    If only you could've predicted the future...

3s are so comp favored its stupid. Look at the leaders, mage, lock, resto druid out numbers everything else like 3-1. There is no competition or skill in 3s this season. If you understand the mechanics of the game and are not just a fool with a keyboard you can roll and mage / spriest / lock / resto druid / maybe even a boomie (but boomie would be tuffer) and get 2k+ easy. If you have actually played one of these classes for a while and have a good amount of knowledge and exp with playing your class then you can easily be VERY high rated in the threes bracket. Every season there is just a broken comp in 3s that will flat out dominate the bracket. 5s will never be like that. It also takes a higher amount of situational awareness, communication, synchronization of cc, cds, and swaps, Knowing how and when to cc which target to stop a teammate or yourself from taking huge amounts of damage while one or both of your healers are cc'd. So in all actuality, if you ask me or any other person that actually plays 5s at a fairly high rating I believe they would agree, 5s all in all takes a actual higher amount of "skill" to push and be successful.

Some really skilled players are the people that don't run the broken endless CC comps at high ratings, or people like Hansol, Hoggster... ect.... people that don't play broken op classes/comps at high ratings this season.