+ Reply to Thread

Vakas is on a distinguished road

Warlock PvP Spec(s)/Gear

Hello. First time poster here. I apologize if this has been asked already, but I will say that I have tried to /search.

I just leveled my Warlock to 85 a couple of days ago and I love it so far. I have played almost every class in arenas, moreso a Mage. However, due to my lack of experience as a Warlock, I am unable to pull the pieces together in terms of how each Warlock gems/enchants/specs differently according to their playstyle/comp/bracket.

So I was wondering if someone can fill me in on why certain Warlocks gem for int/haste versus resilience, why some pick up demonic rebirth or improved fear, and so on. I know some of the answers to these are fairly obvious in general, but I would like a specific answer/explanation if possible.

Thanks in advance.

kingjames
    I think it all boils down to personal preference or play-style. For example, I don't think demonic embrace (increased Stam by x%) is worth it with high end gear but a ton of locks still spec into it. I also don't spec into doom and gloom or shadow and flame which a lot of other warlocks do. I take death's embrace and I'm like 100% sure no one else picks that up lol. I just feel like Death's Embrace makes more sense than BoA (doom and gloom) doing shit damage 'til a certain point in it's duration. Demonic rebirth is a must imo. Pet's get killed from splash damage and most times it's not even worth healing thru with how many pets warlocks can get back in cata. Plus, being offensive with soul burn or using it for utility can put you at an advantage. Improved fear is shitty, enough said.

TL : DR - all boiils down to personal preference.

Can always model your spec and gear around this QT.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Pretty much what James said.

You should build a spec according to your comp, the bracket you're playing in, and your personal playstyle. If you're interested in my gearing, gemming, glyphing, etc., this is my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...an/Filo/simple

I generally try to gear a good balance between Intellect and Resilience, and get all my Haste from gearing. Keep following my armory profile for the best hit/spell pen setup for an Affliction Lock. I think I have OCD when it comes to min/maxing
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

Vakas is on a distinguished road
    Thank you very much for the responses. It's funny because I've been browsing your armory page before I joined skill-capped, haha.

Anyway, I have one last question. I hear a lot about an "offensive" and "defensive" Warlock. What separates these two playstyles from each other in terms of game play [and possibly gear]?

Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakas View Post
    Thank you very much for the responses. It's funny because I've been browsing your armory page before I joined skill-capped, haha.

Anyway, I have one last question. I hear a lot about an "offensive" and "defensive" Warlock. What separates these two playstyles from each other in terms of game play [and possibly gear]?
    No one should ever have a playstyle specific to offense or defense. A good warlock knows when to play offensively and when to play defensively. Like most other things, this comes with practice and time.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)