+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Phoenix is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by blipblop View Post
    PS. I don't recommend playing without the imp and ever since i went over from succybus/felhunter specs to imp i've never looked back.
    This! Mainly because, well it gives you extra stam which is always nice, but the BIGGEST thing is the imp dispell on a 6 second cooldown! That is highly overlooked by most new warlocks and it works on you and your teammates, so if your ele shaman partner in 2's is getting trained and gets rooted by a mage you can imp dispell his frost nova allowing him to get to safety. Missing out on the silence sucks but you learn to play without it and use your other abilities (like shadowfury stunning a cast) or allow your partners to do the silencing for you (esp if you play with an ele shaman with a 5 second shear LoLoL).

blipblop is on a distinguished road
    Yeah works ok-ish to fear as an interrupt as well but it's fairly annoying that they made the pet stop attacking to avoid it breaking cc in pve with no option to decide for yourself(around 4.0.1) and might even end it's 99% completed firebolt because of timing costing you 5k+ damage or more. Have a petattack macro to mousewheel as well as /cast [pet:imp,@target] Firebolt macroed to my incinirate to try and minimize this downtime if i do chose to fear as an interrupt.

It's also the fact that it's not a melee pet so you can "move-to" it to a safe position out of fear/damage/interrupt range and get yourself out of aoe-fears or similiar and it'll also be freecasting doing around 3k+ dps on your target.

It's "flee" fuction also allows it to jump down from pillars in RoV, edge of dalaran and so on if you need to move across the map and you can also leap it out of ring of frosts to avoid it beeing cc'd or if you need to get it closer to your healer to dispel him you use a combination of flee and move-to so you can keep kiting while getting your pet in to dispel range/los.

^^ playing with partners with interrupts is wonderful been playing with a dk to manage interrupts/silences for a few months now and it's fantastic.
    Last edited by blipblop; 10-17-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Vanity is on a distinguished road
    I honestly don't think these changes will mean shit for PvP, there's more underlaying problems to Destruction than these changes.

jtth is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
    I honestly don't think these changes will mean shit for PvP, there's more underlaying problems to Destruction than these changes.
    Care to elaborate?

Fonnick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
    Totally agree with you man !

Fonnick is on a distinguished road
    Not having the spell lock + not having instant howl of terror then it rly sucks !!! bbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooooooooooo redesign destro from scratch fucking blizzard you suck !! i will quit soon after 5 years disappointed !

KNR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonnick View Post
    Not having the spell lock + not having instant howl of terror then it rly sucks !!! bbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooooooooooo redesign destro from scratch fucking blizzard you suck !! i will quit soon after 5 years disappointed !
    5 years of disappointment and you're still playing? I would have quit 4.5 years ago if I were you! I'd never spend $1,000+ in subs/expansions to be disappointed.

Exploud is on a distinguished road
    Noob question, When do you use Soul fire And Searing Pain as Destro? Just made a lock after watching Drakedog 10 But im finding that at this level if i Immolate > Dot > Conflag > Soulburn Soul fire> Spam Searing is my best damage.

What should i be doing at 85?

KNR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploud View Post
    Noob question, When do you use Soul fire And Searing Pain as Destro? Just made a lock after watching Drakedog 10 But im finding that at this level if i Immolate > Dot > Conflag > Soulburn Soul fire> Spam Searing is my best damage.

What should i be doing at 85?
    I only use soulfire when I get a proc off the imp or if I soulburn it. Searing pain isn't used too much at 85 because the damage is pretty weak. You'll be using incinerate a lot once you get it. It gets a damage bonus if immolate is on the target and when you conflag, your next 3 spells get a hefty cast time reduction so incinerate becomes real nice. You'll get a lot of that fun stuff as you get talents.

Exploud is on a distinguished road
    Awsome, I mean i been watching alot of the warlock videos on SC and there mostly about affili (The recent ones) I notice the imp tallent your talking about, and its only a 4% chance for 2 points in there? Is that worth it dosent Fel Hunter shadow bite do more damage over the course of a fight than Imp + instant proc Sould Fires?