+ Reply to Thread

Nisl is on a distinguished road

Auto Claw or not?

Hey!

I was thinking about the pet attack "Claw". Shall i use it in a macro or shall i just put it on auto (right click it) ??

Thing is if i use it on auto i wont be able to use the stun "Gnaw" whenevre since it both takes energy to use.

What are you guys using, auto or not?

-Nisl

Jaosix is on a distinguished road
    I figured a thing out on my dk that works perfectly everytime. All I did was take claw off auto, and bind it to my necrotic strike/scourge strike. Gnaw is always up for me AND my moves have a bit more burst in them, seeing as how me and my ghoul are hitting the same target in sync

Nisl is on a distinguished road
    Great ide! Why didnt i think of that... thanks a bunch! Do you mind linking me that macro?

evster is on a distinguished road
    /cast Necrotic Strike
    /cast Claw

works for all abilities

#showtooltip Necrotic Strike
    /startattack
    /cast Necrotic Strike
    /cast Claw

jamiekinnear is on a distinguished road
    Personally I dislike binding claw with my own abilities, a simple toggle claw on/off macro is what works best for me. If you find yourself in a situation where you absolutely have to gnaw in a split second you're most likely in deep trouble anyway.

Digrade is on a distinguished road
    Basically what they all said, except i use it for my Scourge Strike.. the reason being is that i spam necrotic strike in arena, and find it better to have the macro on SS since i can control my pets energy consumption much better that way.. but to each his own.

Smoker is on a distinguished road
    What I do is I have all of my pets abilities turned off and I have them all macro'd.

I have claw macro'd into necrotic strike so that I can closely keep control of my pet's energy bar and effectively get my focus stun off - it is pretty bad to miss your timing on this stun because all a healer needs is 5-6 seconds to get topped off or get somebody else topped off

Noyz is on a distinguished road
    What works well for me is to have my gnaw macro turn auto claw off and then have my pet attack macro turn auto claw on. So when ever I use gnaw auto claw is off and he gnaws instantly or very shortly after and then simply use my pet attack macro after to turn claw back on.

I like the turn off/on macro, but I've tried that before, and it was just bad for me. Never had the energy when I wanted it..then I thought of the combining ghoul and dk moves together thing, and my gnaws from then on out have hit dead-on when I wanted it to to