+ Reply to Thread

KennethK is on a distinguished road

Conquest points from BG!

Q: How are the rewards from random battlegrounds changing?

A: In patch 4.3 the daily random battelground reward is being changed to reward 100 conquest points for a win (up from 25), additionally every subsequent random battleground win after the first will reward 50 conquest points. There will be no limit to the amount of conquest points you can earn this way up to your weekly conquest cap.

So arena will now only be for fun?

Snap

excessium is on a distinguished road
    2's which is supposed to be for fun, will be less mandatory to cap conqest points for the week. It gives players who don't want to play 25-45min matches another option. This should have little impact on 3s.

anklestraps is an unknown quantity at this point
    i don't really see this changing anything. random bgs will probably be the new way to cap out points for casuals rather than 2s, and 2s are garbage anyway, so no loss there.

Zazam is on a distinguished road
    My first reaction was WTF! Then I remembered that PVP should be about skill, not gear. So I guess I am ok with it. It should make normal BGs a lot more competitive, as it gives Arena/RBG PVPers a reason to do normal BGs.
    Alliance, Coilfang - US
    Spanner Rynestyne Dancingblade
    Retired: Zazam, Rhombus, Biometrics (Trying to forget my bad habits.)

KNR is on a distinguished road
    No way I'm sitting in random bg's to cap my conquest... That shit would take forever. You have to remember, you only get the points if you win and if you're cap is over 1500 points for the week, it would take FOREVER to cap that way. If I get desperate for cap, I'll still just find some random to do 2's with and cap in 15-20 mins.

For example, if you are just trying to cap the 1350(even doing the 100 pt daily win) it would take a minimum of 20 wins throughout the entire week just to cap that amount. If you're trying to cap in a single night, you're looking at 25 wins... just to get 1350 points. Now imagine having to cap 2k+ points in random bg's.... Fuck that.

Zazam is on a distinguished road
    Good point KNR.

So this is actually more to help the casual player who cant get RBGs in for full cap, as the Conquest points from normal BGs count towards your full RBG cap, not just your Arena cap. (Unless they have changed it.) So if you are low rated you can get 1350 in 2v2 and then bump yourself up to 1600 with normal BGs.
    Alliance, Coilfang - US
    Spanner Rynestyne Dancingblade
    Retired: Zazam, Rhombus, Biometrics (Trying to forget my bad habits.)

KNR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazam View Post
    So if you are low rated you can get 1350 in 2v2 and then bump yourself up to 1600 with normal BG’s.
    That would be the only way I'd consider it. Probably what I'll do week 1 since there's no rbg groups on my server and I won't be able to xfer for a bit.

Miirkat is on a distinguished road
    More incentive to get that 250k HK achievement.

Still though, that's a lot of damn BGs every week once you get higher caps.