+ Reply to Thread

TickTick is on a distinguished road

Comp Help HPally, Lock, Feral

So as I stated in the title my current composition is HAF Only recently have I switched from a HPally myself to play a Lock. The HPally we picked up hasn't done anything significant in PVP but the Feral and myself have been PVPing together for two seasons now. However when we are doing threes I find myself having to back off of damage to help keep our healer out of trouble.

In situations where they are focusing our healer hard and I have to focus my CC's on peeling off of him how can I maintain my damage? I run into the problem of whenever I start peeling off of our healer I have to spend too much time tossing out fears, slows and curses to try and get him out of it. This is very apparent in double melee teams.

Is there anything I can do to deal more damage while peeling? Maybe some advice I can give to our healer to avoid the heavy damage reduction we take when I have to start peeling?

Roevs is on a distinguished road
    Heya
    There is several things you can do if this is the general problem, you might allready be doing them now

When you are fear'ing a target, allways try and get ua up on them, this can also be nice, if you follow that up with a full row of dots afterwards, for some more dmg.

If you feel like your Pala is getting trained by 2 melee, then tell him to run behind the pillar (where you should have placed a port), and then port in with an AOE fear. They should now be out of LOS from their healer, and forced to run back, or risk die'ing behind there, if you run out and CC the incomming healer.

Also as a direct "peel" your curses isn't gonna change much. It is fine to toss your CoW up in the start of the match, but if you meet a shaman healer, then he is gonna spam dispell it, and it isn't worth trying to keep it up

Roevs is on a distinguished road
    Also, i'm making a "warlock deffensive team play" vid.. should be uploaded within a couple of days

I look forward to it. Since I am new to Warlock PVP I have soaked up all that I can from videos, forums and replays. I would say I am decent, but I could improve.

I will try LOSing the dps from their healer with that technique, which is the only thing you posted that I haven't tried yet. We are still a fairly new team so we will need a little bit more time to get our communicating down.

Snutz is an unknown quantity at this point
    That comp is really uncommon, but a good way to stay alive is by rotating clones + fears onto the dps, and once you are safe and their cds are running low, you can start pressuring the other team.
    I stream almost everyday on twitch.tv where you can find here:
    www.twitch.tv/snutzy

I have beginning to upload new awesome arena clips to my youtube as well which you can find here:
    www.youtube.com/snutzy1

Quote Originally Posted by Snutz View Post
    That comp is really uncommon, but a good way to stay alive is by rotating clones + fears onto the dps, and once you are safe and their cds are running low, you can start pressuring the other team.

So you are saying that we will have to try to have more extended fights or put some heavy burst pressure to make them pop cd's?

Felshifter is on a distinguished road
    I've never played the comp but do play as both a lock and a feral at times.

Basically your ability to peel melee in this comp is awesome, a feral alone can shut down 2 melee dps for at least 10 seconds at the same time, you have roots, you have 2 spammable CCs on separate DR, a massive amount of stuns, freedom for your feral, 2 ranged interrupts thanks to skullbash's stupid long range.

Another thing to add to what Roevs said if you can coordinate a clone on the healer the same time you port to your healer the other team is going to way over extend or have to fall back, at the very least by porting and fearing even if there is a warrior you open him up to roots which will help a lot.