+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

murrkk is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlb View Post
    Stuff like movement keys/general keybind is typically just a preference thing. While you ABSOLUTELY can optimize your speed through targeted keybinds, you can do well without it.

I was mainly getting at.. DON'T KEYBOARD TURN. Yes, people use A & D to strafe instead of Q & E. Yes, it is preference.

I can 100% say that if you go from keyboard turning to turning with your mouse, your rating will improve. I went from 1300 to 2100 in a few weeks this way. The creator of the thread said he moved with WASD.

Nightspeace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by murrkk View Post
    I was mainly getting at.. DON'T KEYBOARD TURN. Yes, people use A & D to strafe instead of Q & E. Yes, it is preference.

I can 100% say that if you go from keyboard turning to turning with your mouse, your rating will improve. I went from 1300 to 2100 in a few weeks this way. The creator of the thread said he moved with WASD.
    I tried using W for auto run and I am still not used to that. Currently and use "A" and "D" to turn left and right. I strafe by hitting "A" or "D" then moving my mouse in a direction.

I have gone to frost because I have too many keys and I am horrible at optimizing anything.

I have noticed that I am also bad at dark simulacrum CC.

Communication is still a problem we are having.

Here are the latest video's, they are not private this time and i am going to see how this goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxm86...3wRMFz05J0XWo=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCoGQ...1kLa1NmlDW8%3D

HUArena is on a distinguished road
    communication and CD usage would be the easiest to fix... i'd swap to skype so that you can be constantly talking and have one less button to press... make it a goal to never lose a fight without both you and you priest going thru all CD's... druid/rogue no PS or barrier or hungering cold... ret/hunter no barrier or PS or Pet sac was used

Zeraveth is on a distinguished road
    Well I watched the movies and I see some room for improvement :P I commented on both your videos and will write down the essentials once again. Looking at the first video The major mistake I saw was that you automatically expected 2 rogues and went to trap yourself in the spawn, making the possibility to go LoS on a mage to get off a few heals gone. Second mistake you make a death-grip on a cloak of shadows wasting the ability. It's unfortunate that you're frost in this fight as the pet stun would be helpful. Interupting a druid burst at start with a stun which he would trinket would give the priest opportunity for a full fear duration on him, which would let you get the benefit of wasting the rogues defensive abilities, thereby also cloak.

For the second fight I saw the biggest mistakes. Remember that hunters are kiters, and paladin has "Reduces the cooldown of Word of Glory by 10 sec. In addition, when you heal others with your Word of Glory, it increases the effectiveness of the heal by 50% and increases your damage done by 4% per charge of Holy Power for 10 sec."

Remember that a retri cd's are a pain at best, and adding to that, a hunter burst, any healer will have problems in open combat. Remember that they have limited healing and survival, where as you with a healer can play defensive and wear them out with proper cd's in the end. Starting off on hunter will only bring on a lot of defensive abilities. While cc'n the hunter will be the best option as to the increased heals on him provided by paladin.

I would recommend on a LoS arena, to do just that, Make the paladin come at you, where as hunter will have to switch to aspect of the fox to keep hitting, send stuns on hunter, fear on hunter, mindcontrole on hunter. The fact is, a anti-magic zone will make the retri burst come down to sweet nothing you can survive a full duration of with zone and a silence thereafter in a duel, making it with a healer, extremely easy to survive. Force the pally to bubble after and start putting some pressure on the hunter in the meanwhile, when the paladin bubble is over, you switch back for the kill. If the hunter damage is hurting to much with the paladin, using Shell+lichborne at given 30% will give you enough time to lichborn heal yourself if healer is cc'd before shell is gone and instant turn evil(due to glyph) will prevent further while healer probably will get cc'd.

I also suggest looking into a few addons. Here is my setup with screenshot:

What you see here is Elvui which in a neat way tracks my offensive buffs and debuffs on target over the nameplate(works great with cc tracking). Further there is Juked which let you track enemy's Cd's. I can't begin to describe how helpfull this is in arena, as it will help you decide very often when to use your offensive cd's. I use Mikscrollingbattletext to have the damage spam in a way it's not blinding my screen, but is still not disabled. Azcastbar is a neat way to track enemies casts in an efficient way so you can interrupt more easily. And two others are worth mentioning for arena, one is deadly pvp mods which help me track the duration of enemies abilities using DBM, say the exact duration on a pally bubble. Second is GladiatorlosSA which speaks to you during fight, actually saying if a mage is casting sheep, if a pain suppression is used and lot of other things to help you react in a fast matter.

Hope this helps,

Ibringdeath

nrp is on a distinguished road
    So the first thing that i saw you do wrong vs the rogue mage is you trinked the cheapshot vs that comp you should ONLY trinket the kidney in the smoke you also didnt need to ams and you wasted your ibf right after your trinket which was a waste. Also use your AMZ when the mage novas you and he is casting a frostbolt it will absorb the shatter and save your priest alot of healing. also you should have put unholy frenzy on your healer when he got sheeped. and you also los'd your healer alot and the 1st global after you trinketed should have been chains of ice on the rogue to kite and if you cant stop the mages cast whether it be a frostbolt of a poly if it means that you will die strangulate it he will trinket but it will give you some time to LOS him and if you cant get on the mage SWITCH to the rogue dont waste your time and if your wearing 4800+ resil no need to sit in blood presence just stay in unholy. Another tip would be when you grip the mage as you grip him dark sim him and try to steal the blink you did make alot of mistakes but they just kind of snowballed. and your priest made a bunch as well.