+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Poonxo is on a distinguished road

Ask Poonxo ANY Warlock Question :)

Hey Everyone!

I've been getting A LOT of questions on my youtube/stream & even in game. I usually don't have time to answer so feel free to ask me any warlock related question here and I'll get back to you!

(even feel free to leave me any content/video requests you may have)

Syanara is on a distinguished road
    Hi Poonxo!

Thank you so much for taking out the time to answer warlock questions, im sure it is greatly appreciated by the warlock community!!

I am now trying to get back on my warlock after a couple months break. Eventually, I want to try some serious 3s and push for a high rating however, im afraid that people just wont want to play with an undergeared warlock (full ruthless no cata weaps). Do you think being full ruthless is good enough to push 2k rating in 3s? Or should I wait and sort of get warmed up and back into by doing 2s? Also, what is a good dps 2s comp for warlocks right now? (I know resto shama/lock is great but I dont want to deal with long games!)

Thank you so much!

Hey Syanara, No problem

2k is definitely doable in full ruthless, but finding good partners may be a little tough! i would suggest you look for a resto shaman that's willing to play, and then look for a Moonkin, Fire Mage or Rogue, all of those comps are very very good! if you have friends of those classes and are interested in improving in arena then ask them! ( you will get gear along the way, so your rating should get higher and higher!)

I would go with Lock/Mage or Lock/Rogue for double dps in 2s, Warlocks are terrible w/o a healer in general but you can definitely go alright as one of those comps.

lumos
    Hey,

Bit of a vague question but I was wondering if you could generally outline a locks role in MLS?

I tend to try to dot everything and spam fear when peels are needed. Should I be using drain life much or should I just focus on dotting everything with some cc on healer. How much res would you aim for as well?

Hey Lumos,

Fire MLS or Frost MLS? big difference between two!

MLS excels at CCing (fearing out of polymorph) etc etc. Yeah i would just keep everything dotted, set up swaps to healers etc. 4500~ resil is good to aim for, i run 4800 on my warlock. Definitely drain life when going for a kill but for the duration of the game i would concentrate on dotting the whole team and ccing the healer!

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Hey Poonxo – I’ve been watching a lot of your recent arena streams and videos, and I must say, I love your play style…very entertaining to watch!

I play a Rogue for an RLS team and I have a question regarding triple dps comps (Ret/Rogue/DK mostly) and how to consistently peel for our shaman (the enemy’s target of choice the vast majority of the time). Typical matches start out fine (we usually sap dk and open on ret), which seems to get us quite a few cooldowns early. We try to coil into fear the rogues dance and I usually am able to control the ret, with some off shivs on the dk when I can (I’ve actually been using waylay and that seems to really help when the DK pops ams). Despite all of this, the enemy team seems to have enough immunity cooldowns to essentially negate any additional control my lock can give (which they usually pop when they are all able to finally connect on shaman). It just seems like we can’t put enough pressure out prior to all of them connecting, and its bye bye shaman.

Is this a decent formula for beating these guys? What sort of strategies have you guys used when facing off against triple dps? These comps (along with Ret/Dk/Priest) have been blocking us hardcore in terms of pushing to 2200.

Thanks in advance

lumos
    Quote Originally Posted by Poonxo View Post
    Hey Lumos,

Fire MLS or Frost MLS? big difference between two!

MLS excels at CCing (fearing out of polymorph) etc etc. Yeah i would just keep everything dotted, set up swaps to healers etc. 4500~ resil is good to aim for, i run 4800 on my warlock. Definitely drain life when going for a kill but for the duration of the game i would concentrate on dotting the whole team and ccing the healer!
    Hey,

Thanks for the quick response! generally both..with fire mls I try to cc alot more because polymorph seems worthless to cast unless your going to get the kill or force ALOT of cds.

Also, been asked to play RLS - Dot everything and try to create swaps I guess?

Thanks!

bjstyron is on a distinguished road
    Hello I've been watching your videos and have learned a lot but a couple times in arena I've found myself 1v1 against various classes, so I started dueling so I could develop an upper hand in those situations specially against healers. Do you think you could make a video on how to win a duel against a rogue, DK, or a restro shaman?

SacredStorm is on a distinguished road
    against a rsham it's all about keeping your damage constant you can't let up, maintain dots, time your fears to be around fifty-percent and be ready to spell lock their next cast after tremor, so basically haunt ua corruption BoD and then sb sb haunt ua in that order, honestly if you use your big demon cd on top of say a racial and demon soul you could almost burn down a healer relatively easy one on one because you have dispell protection as long as ua is up, ontop of devour magic use devour magic on cd for riptide etc
    Last edited by SacredStorm; 04-03-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: forgot DM