+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 First 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Namasensei is on a distinguished road
    Hi poonxo, i was watching one of your videos: /cast (@mouseover. harm) fel flame
    /cast fel flam= is that wwritten correct??, could you plz copy form your ingame so i know i have it right, and can you plz explain how it works, u werent to clear in ur video:S + i dont really understand the mouse over macros

SacredStorm is on a distinguished road
    it's like this /cast [target=mouseover] Fel Flame or it might be an @mouseover

Namasensei is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SacredStorm View Post
    it's like this /cast [target=mouseover] Fel Flame or it might be an @mouseover
    But what/how does this work, what do i do? just hover my mouse over it and spam my macro??

help in 2c2 please

Good I am a Spanish warlock and am trying to learn to play pvp game in 2c2 with priest it disciplines (1400 small index) me gustaria to happen of 1600 algun day but I am in the situation of which against dps + heal me it is almost impossible to kill one not even using my cc s me podrias to give some help porfavor I am in total desperation thousand graces . Excuse use translator for Englishman since I do not dominate at all the language.
    Last edited by Edelweiss; 04-08-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Anothergreta
    Got time too tell your macros and why?
    AnotherGreta

Shibby is on a distinguished road
    There are a number of warlock macros but it largely depends on whether or not you want to go the target/focus macro route or the arena1,2,3 route. Macro's such as these are always helpful.

#showtooltip]
    /cast [@target,nomod] Fear
    /cast [@target,mod:alt] Fear

The macro above is a generic Target/Focus macro that allows you to cast the ability on your current target or press a modifier and allow you to cast it on a focus target. Top arena players will generally not divide every arena1,2,3 able ability into 3 seperate macros as you don't have that much binding space. I would recommend going with a setup such as the one below.

/focus [@arena1]

/focus [@arena2]

/focus [@arena3]

And bind them to 3 fairly easily reachable binds. This will allow you to swap your focus on a dime and then focus cast any abilities you wish to have macro'd on that target.

Some other macros that would not be considered target/focus would include:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] Fel Flame

**Allowing you to hover your mouse cursor over an spirit link totem and "stomp" it by immediately casting fel flame on it.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence Fel Armor, Demon Armor

** A macro that allows you to easily swap between the two armors and save a bind in the process.

One of the other really effective macros in my arsenal and I know exists in poonxo's as well is soul swap macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [@target,nomod] Soul Swap
    /cast [@focus,mod:alt] Soul Swap

** This allows your to soulswap:inhale your target and then use a modifier key to immediately transfer them to your focus target.

The next macro is one that took me a while to figure out how to create but here for you and the rest of the world is the All-in-one pet abilities macro. This will allow you to use your pets abilities on the same key bind no matter which you have out.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@target,nomod,Pet:Fel hunter] Spell Lock
    /cast [@focus,mod:alt,Pet:fel Hunter] Spell lock
    /cast [@target,nomod,Pet:Succubus] Seduction
    /cast [@focus,mod:alt,Pet:succubus] Seduction

&

#showtooltip
    /cast [@target,pet:Felhunter] Devour Magic
    /cast [@mouseover,pet:Imp] Singe Magic
    /cast [pet:voidwalker] Sacrifice
    /cast [pet:succubus] whiplash

Other than that however I would just recommend making everything you can possibly imagine a target/focus macro with the first one I listed above it will help you in keeping dots up on multiple targets. I also use a target/focus fel flame but thats only something that stems from my personal opinion. I would also recommend making target macros the same way we did for arena1,2,3 focus above in order to be even more efficient if your binds will allow the extra macros.

Anywho, cheers and good luck! I know its not a post from poonxo but the macros can only get so complex and really they are pretty similar among a lot of players, You should try to figure out a style that caters to your computer, mouse, dexterity, etc. because that is what the rest of the top pvpers do. Cheers!

Glopz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Namasensei View Post
    But what/how does this work, what do i do? just hover my mouse over it and spam my macro??
    The macro works fine. If you just have an enemy targeted it will cast fel flame at it. But if you are mousing over an enemy it'll cast fel flame at the mouse over target and not the enemy you have targeted.

Anothergreta
    As a warlock, Is human too prefer much more over gnome ? I like gnome cuz the fact you can jump of frost nova and stuff like poisons etc, but I never seen any gnomes at all ? Is it true that there is no "PRO Gnomes" (Old citat from secound season "Theres no good gnomes"

And btw, for how long have you been playing you lock?
    Last edited by Anothergreta; 04-11-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    AnotherGreta

mewnor is on a distinguished road
    Playing 2's with a resto shaman, I cannot kill a healer at all, he will always heal above what my dots can do to him, as such best we hope for in a healer/dps match is a draw.

How do i take down a healer?

Albamagic is on a distinguished road

Finisher

I'm playing twos with a couple friend, coming back from a long break (Season 2) where I played Rdruid/Lock and had much success. I have the option of doing Warrior/Lock or Ret Pally/Lock (I'm thinking holy pally and lock will yield very long games). It's seems tough for us to finish anyone, are there any specific finishers you use for the last 25%? A CC chain that you can think of that will allow for effective finishers?
    Last edited by Albamagic; 04-26-2012 at 08:15 PM.