+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 First 3 4 5 6 Last

dennisdkramer is on a distinguished road
    Seems like Poon has been gone for a while so I'll take a shot at helping you out.

The way that you want to finish someone off depends heavily on what class they are, what cooldowns they have available, which class their partner is, which cooldowns they have available, and of course their positioning.

For example - lets say you're ret/lock vs hunter/feral (my team of preference). Lets say you've survived their burst and outplayed their CC and their feral is at 25%. He's popped bear and survival instincts - he's nearly unkillable at this point. What I would suggest is hard CCing him (fear into repent into half fear) until his defensive cooldowns are off, then swap back to him, fear the hunter so he can't peel your ret, pop CDs on the druid, Try to HOJ him to stop his rage generation and finish him off. This is assuming your pally has CDs up at the appropriate time, the feral has no trinket for HOJ, etc. So you see how complicated it can be to give an example of a 'specific finisher'.

The key to great pvp is great understanding of all the classes. Honestly I'm just a beginner at this myself; I only started PvPing this season. There are relatively small tricks that can have huge impact on gameplay. One example is this: Pallys can bubble out of all CC.. but did you know that if you land a successful interrupt on a heal it locks out their holy tree and they cannot bubble for the duration of the lockout? This will rarely happen, but killing a pally before he can bubble feels quite good. In general, aside from high level strategy and execution, the most important thing for landing kills is airtight CC chains. A full fear into a full HoJ into a half fear into a death coil into a silence on the healer will win virtually every game if their team isnt prepared to lock YOU down instead.

Ciotog is on a distinguished road

Dueling rogues

Hey poonxo i have tried and tried but i cant seem to bet rogues in duels i was wondering if you could make a video on that some time. TY

Beating a rogue in a duel where you both play flawlessly is impossible. Rogues>Locks 1v1. But against bad rogues, instant aoe fear after garrote/kidney, he will trinket. put up insta dots, fake cast a ua to get him to kick, at this point he will probly cloak. portal away, he will shadowstep to you. DC immediately out of cloak unless he vanishes, if so then bandage/soul harvest if out of combat. If he reopens, aoe fear again and demon soul dots with bane of doom instead of BoA. Kite with CoEx, fear whenever you can and try to fake every kick.

Ajay is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    One example is this: Pallys can bubble out of all CC..
    They can't bubble out of all cc (cyclone) stupid I know. But if you can force their trinket with a fear and then they get full cloned they are unable to bubble giving you a real kill chance.

Devilock is on a distinguished road

vs. Hunter

Well, i'm having problems vs. hunters as a lock . Any tips or suggestions would be awesome.

Shoe is on a distinguished road
    Hey Poonxo,
    I don't play a warlock myself, but I have a friend who does and I try to run 2s with him. While we've done okay, and by okay I mean we got him his 1550 achiev, but I was just wondering if you have any tips. We run Ele Sham/ Aff Warlock; do you have any general tips on this? We've tried the warlock going destro, but he's not all that good at affliction to begin with, so him going destro just causes more issues. I know it's anything but an ideal comp, but I love my shaman, and him his warlock. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

thenoda
    Hey Poon, firstly been loving your videos latterly good stuff!

I got quick question about your stream. I have been trying to stream over the last few weeks but im a Australian as well and well... our internet is shit lol.
    was just wondering what you use to get your streams looking half decent and your settings and what not...

might even be cool to make a video/tutorial on capturing gameplay footage(either straight to HD or on to twitch to watch back later) to encourage people to critique their game play and watch them selves to help improve.

thanks heaps man any information will be sick.

Schadow is on a distinguished road
    Hey Poon, I dont know if you check this forum anymore but I have a question on pet control and I apologize if this is a repeat.

Baiscally what i'm doing now seems really overly complex and annoying when I'm playing, I'm newer to a warlock but have a good understanding of pvp and I love to focus interrupt. The problem I'm having is that I have a seprate keybind for each /petattack(also have petattack macroed with my haunt), /petfollow, and focus petattack. I set my pet on passive and the only way I really am getting practice right now is bg's because I'm still gearing for arena but I find my pet just sitting next to me on passive alot of the time because I;m more focused on getting dots out. Am I going to need seprate macroes for each of these? or am I going to be binding these in with my dots? I'm really looking to be as efficient as possible with my petcontrols so I dont have to focus on it too much when I'm in the arena. Also what are you having your pet on assist/defensive/passive? just curious I've seen a few warlocks with it on assist.

Hey Poonxo, ive been running 3s with a fire mage and a resto shammy, and i was wondering what our general strategy should be? We have been doing relevantly well, but most melee cleaves seem to own us pretty hard... Anyways, what should our priority's be?? thanks for helping

Lampage is on a distinguished road
    Hello Poonxo, im playing Shadowplay around 2100 mmr and im having some troubles against mirror. What i do is.
    #1 Fake Spell Lock then, Full dots Warlock, Soul Swap to the Shaman and cast dots on SPriest. So i try keep dots rolling in everyone.

But we lost all games against mirror. In the first 2mins of arena we are all dominated!