+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 Last

Poonxo is on a distinguished road

Ask Poonxo ANY Warlock Question :)

Hey Everyone!

I've been getting A LOT of questions on my youtube/stream & even in game. I usually don't have time to answer so feel free to ask me any warlock related question here and I'll get back to you!

(even feel free to leave me any content/video requests you may have)

Syanara is on a distinguished road
    Hi Poonxo!

Thank you so much for taking out the time to answer warlock questions, im sure it is greatly appreciated by the warlock community!!

I am now trying to get back on my warlock after a couple months break. Eventually, I want to try some serious 3s and push for a high rating however, im afraid that people just wont want to play with an undergeared warlock (full ruthless no cata weaps). Do you think being full ruthless is good enough to push 2k rating in 3s? Or should I wait and sort of get warmed up and back into by doing 2s? Also, what is a good dps 2s comp for warlocks right now? (I know resto shama/lock is great but I dont want to deal with long games!)

Thank you so much!

Hey Syanara, No problem

2k is definitely doable in full ruthless, but finding good partners may be a little tough! i would suggest you look for a resto shaman that's willing to play, and then look for a Moonkin, Fire Mage or Rogue, all of those comps are very very good! if you have friends of those classes and are interested in improving in arena then ask them! ( you will get gear along the way, so your rating should get higher and higher!)

I would go with Lock/Mage or Lock/Rogue for double dps in 2s, Warlocks are terrible w/o a healer in general but you can definitely go alright as one of those comps.

lumos
    Hey,

Bit of a vague question but I was wondering if you could generally outline a locks role in MLS?

I tend to try to dot everything and spam fear when peels are needed. Should I be using drain life much or should I just focus on dotting everything with some cc on healer. How much res would you aim for as well?

Hey Lumos,

Fire MLS or Frost MLS? big difference between two!

MLS excels at CCing (fearing out of polymorph) etc etc. Yeah i would just keep everything dotted, set up swaps to healers etc. 4500~ resil is good to aim for, i run 4800 on my warlock. Definitely drain life when going for a kill but for the duration of the game i would concentrate on dotting the whole team and ccing the healer!

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Hey Poonxo – I’ve been watching a lot of your recent arena streams and videos, and I must say, I love your play style…very entertaining to watch!

I play a Rogue for an RLS team and I have a question regarding triple dps comps (Ret/Rogue/DK mostly) and how to consistently peel for our shaman (the enemy’s target of choice the vast majority of the time). Typical matches start out fine (we usually sap dk and open on ret), which seems to get us quite a few cooldowns early. We try to coil into fear the rogues dance and I usually am able to control the ret, with some off shivs on the dk when I can (I’ve actually been using waylay and that seems to really help when the DK pops ams). Despite all of this, the enemy team seems to have enough immunity cooldowns to essentially negate any additional control my lock can give (which they usually pop when they are all able to finally connect on shaman). It just seems like we can’t put enough pressure out prior to all of them connecting, and its bye bye shaman.

Is this a decent formula for beating these guys? What sort of strategies have you guys used when facing off against triple dps? These comps (along with Ret/Dk/Priest) have been blocking us hardcore in terms of pushing to 2200.

Thanks in advance

TickTick is on a distinguished road
    Hey Poonxo, I'm currently playing a mix of Frost MLS and Shadowplay 3's. I run with the same Resto Sham and I'm obviously the Lock. My question is in either one of these what is the best way to get a rogue off of either myeslf or the healer. I feel like no matter how much I try to peel a rogue he always has more tricks than my DR counter. Any suggestions? I'm looking for kind of general advice and not so much against other comps. The thing I have noticed though is if I go hard on their healer instead the rogue normally doesn't let up either. Maybe its just my Battlegroup but going hard on the healer will work a decent amount of the time. Any advice on how to improve victories against rogues like this?

Hello Rugmouse!

Honestly, from my own personal experience. You CANNOT consistently beat this comp as RLS
    Personally the best strategy i've figured out is... sap DK if possible, open on ret w/ dance, bomb and everything! blind the rogue early so he sits in at least a half DR howl of terror after trinketing. Pally should have to bubble the opening dance, swap back as soon as bubble is gone. (use things like dismantle, death coil, shadow flame and maybe vanish cheap shot for peels on the DK & Rogue while they're on your shaman.

But honestly, Shaman/Warlock/X CANNOT consistently beat triple dps!

Hey TickTick

There are a few things you could possibly do.

1) Hex the rogue (get your shaman to call when he's doing it so you can cover it with a UA, if the other team can decurse) doing this off cooldown will give you a lot more free casting + you can get distance while the rogue is hexed.

2) Shadow Flame off cooldown, Sflame snares the target by 70% where crippling is only 50% so you can get some distance that way.

3) SWAP to the rogue. use cooldowns like death coil while you cc the rogues healer, rogue should be forced to peel back to his healer.

4) Cross CC. For e.g. Howl the rogue as your mage sheeps the healer, get some distance and get your dots out while you can.

But honestly rogues are rogues, they are frustrating and stick to you like glue, if they shadow step you after a fear to get back you on, PORT instantly, and put a exhaustion on the rogue or shadow flame them before porting, they will be forced to swap off if you kite!

Hope that helps

SimplexityKorgath is on a distinguished road
    Hey Poon, I've got a few questions for Shadowplay strat questions.
    1) Vs RLS - seems like it's just insanely hard to land out pressure with shaman dispels + a rogue sitting on one of us. Do we need to play aggressive and push for fears on the shaman? Because it feels like whenver we do, we get swapped to and crushed.
    2) Vs LSD2 - We lose the long game which is unfortunate. Any ideas?
    3) Vs Moonkin/Firemage/Priest (Spicy Chicken Cleave) - A team that's 2500 wants to series us. We're around 2300-2350, so if we win against them we can possibly get in glad range. It plays a lot like LSD2 though, and we haven't had a lot of success vs firemage DoT comps. Any ideas?