+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 Last

lumos
    Quote Originally Posted by Poonxo View Post
    Hey Lumos,

Fire MLS or Frost MLS? big difference between two!

MLS excels at CCing (fearing out of polymorph) etc etc. Yeah i would just keep everything dotted, set up swaps to healers etc. 4500~ resil is good to aim for, i run 4800 on my warlock. Definitely drain life when going for a kill but for the duration of the game i would concentrate on dotting the whole team and ccing the healer!
    Hey,

Thanks for the quick response! generally both..with fire mls I try to cc alot more because polymorph seems worthless to cast unless your going to get the kill or force ALOT of cds.

Also, been asked to play RLS - Dot everything and try to create swaps I guess?

Thanks!

TickTick is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Poonxo, I'm still fairly new to the competitive arena scene and am still trying to figure out when the best times to use each of the curses is. I have been using Curse of Weakness on rogues to try an alleviate the damage however that hasn't seemed to be working. I will definitely try move movement speed reduction on Rogues to see if we can do better pushing against those comps with more movement.

Poonxo is on a distinguished road
    Hey SimplexityKorgath

RLS is EXTREMELY hard to beat as shadowplay, i've played a lot of shadowplay with chrysalid on spriest and snutz on shaman. Even though we're far better players than the RLS we can manage to lose more than we win just based off their comp. However that doesn't mean you can't win! I found the best strategy is to run at the RLS shaman a lot, fear him off DR (he will eventually be stuck in the fear with no tremor and trinket) Fearing him out in the open can give you plenty of options, either dotting him and death coiling/silencing him in the open or having your shaman land a hex out of it. But if you let their shaman sit max range healing and dispelling all game you wont win.

With LSD2, you can't afford to play the long game, they will simply out pressure you if you spa eachother in the open. It's the same principle as RLS. You need to run at their shaman, get him stuck in fears w/ no tremor and trinket! Shadowplay can pretty much kill anything! even rogues that use cloak offensively. Fearing the shaman off DR will open up kill opportunists on the moonkin & warlock. And again dotting a shaman up when hes feared out in the open is amazing, especially when you put him into a Disarm/Silence.

Against Moonkin/Firemage/Priest i would go for the mage more than often, and again priests are so vulnerable to being Cc'd so make sure you and your priest and fearing him off DR, Fire mages are very squishy! and again you can kill anything, it just depends on how you want to play!

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by lumos View Post
    Hey,

Thanks for the quick response! generally both..with fire mls I try to cc alot more because polymorph seems worthless to cast unless your going to get the kill or force ALOT of cds.

Also, been asked to play RLS - Dot everything and try to create swaps I guess?

Thanks!
    Yeah that's it! I have an RLS guide under my videos and ill also be releasing an RLS video this week so keep your eyes peeled

godcan is on a distinguished road
    Hey Poonxo,
    In your last video you were running fire mls, and i seen that you were using BOD instead of BOA. Is BOD a better choice over BOA when play fire mls/ rls?

Quote Originally Posted by godcan View Post
    Hey Poonxo,
    In your last video you were running fire mls, and i seen that you were using BOD instead of BOA. Is BOD a better choice over BOA when play fire mls/ rls?
    Hey there!

I use bane of doom for all comps i play! I feel like most warlocks are oblivious to how good Bane of doom really is, there is no reason to not be using it. For example Against teams that Cannot decurse it is really amazing, However playing a comp like MLS where you can do unreal CC to healers i feel like bane of doom is great when put on our kill target, Ive seen plenty of 40k+ crits from bane of doom, definently an underrated spell! Also it bane of doom is ideal for shadowplay!

You just have to be careful with your soul swaps because when you exhale your soul swap it takes the bane of doom off the inhaled target!

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Hey Poonxo,

How aggressive should my Warlock be positioning himself playing RLS (I play rogue)? We know the general strat for playing RLS is to dot everything up and spread as much damage as possible, but once my lock accomplishes this, he tends to run into the fray to try and get fear bombs off on multiple targets or get fears on the healer. Quite often, this leads to the enemy team switching to him, or even more frequently, we find ourselves struggling with fear DR trying to peel for our shaman if they switch. Once something like this occurs, dots tend to fall off and we are stuck on the defensive for an extended period of time, leading to a loss.

Should my lock be a bit more stingy with his fears? Should he just try and maintain max range as long as possible, with a potential fear on a healer after a smoke bomb ends? We seem to really be stuck in a rating range lately and I’ve been looking over our fraps videos trying to figure out what might be our issue.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by SimplexityKorgath View Post
    Hey Poon, I've got a few questions for Shadowplay strat questions.
    1) Vs RLS - seems like it's just insanely hard to land out pressure with shaman dispels + a rogue sitting on one of us. Do we need to play aggressive and push for fears on the shaman? Because it feels like whenver we do, we get swapped to and crushed.
    2) Vs LSD2 - We lose the long game which is unfortunate. Any ideas?
    3) Vs Moonkin/Firemage/Priest (Spicy Chicken Cleave) - A team that's 2500 wants to series us. We're around 2300-2350, so if we win against them we can possibly get in glad range. It plays a lot like LSD2 though, and we haven't had a lot of success vs firemage DoT comps. Any ideas?
    Hey Again,

So yeah for RLS you basically have to run at there shaman and get fears all the time, if you cant get the shaman stuck in full fears w/o tremor you won't ever generate enough pressure to stop him from spam dispell/max range healing. Once you fear the shaman while he has no tremor/trinket you can either set up on him w/ full dots into a deathcoil/silence, or hex off the fear and look to kill warlock (w/ banishes on the pet) or try and kill a rogue if he has no cloak.

Against LSD2 you can't just sit in the open with them and spam damage, they are going to do ALOT more damage than your team everytime, it's the same concept. You NEED to run at their shaman, land those fears which i recommend swapping to the shaman once feared into a bad spot w/ disarm/silence etc.

Priest are very vulnerable to being feared, make sure you're fearing him off DR. You can kill mage or moonkin easily, fire mages generally dont run with high resil so you could almost cause his cauterize w/ a cc chain on the priest, same thing again though, you can't fight in the open and exchange damage you NEED to run at the healer and land fears!

Hope that helps

Lampage is on a distinguished road
    Playing as RLS against KFC and PHD, who will be the "main target" to kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampage View Post
    Playing as RLS against KFC and PHD, who will be the "main target" to kill?
    Hey

The best target would definitely be the warrior and deathknight, I like blinding the hunter of the bat, if he trinkets then set up a dance swap w/ demon soul dots if possible. (cheap shot > kidney shot > deathcoil) But in the mean time i would Train the melee and cc the hunter and paladin as much as possible.

Their healer should have to trinket the first fear, bubble the next fear and then the last fear would be full, also hex is amazing against both these comps seeing there is no decurse so be sure your shaman is utilizing his hex!