+ Reply to Thread

nerveagent is on a distinguished road

What spell to steal

Hi guys,

Anyone want to share which spells you steal or would steal. (i will make a list ones everyone said his/her thing)

As for now I steal avenging wrath and freedom

Tosan will become famous soon enough
    In general, dispels for dps classes like Spriest/Mage/Hunter should be limited most of the time simply because it takes a valuable resource (mana/focus) AND more importantly, a valuable global cooldown to do so.

With healers (Rsham/Disc priest) often times if they have nothing better to do and are doing fine with mana, they can spam "purge" buffs you normally wouldn't bother with.

That being said, Freedom/Avenging Wrath/Sacrifice/Hand of Protection are all valuable buffs to steal. Against mages SOMETIMES steal things like Icy Veins/barriers - that should not be done frequently though because usually you can do more useful things like tons of damage or CC.

Occasionally you can do things like Spellsteal the Feral "instant cyclone/etc" buff (Predatory Swiftness I believe), but this is also a rare circumstance as often times your globals are best spent elsewhere (especially since you won't always get it on the first try and he may spend it as you spellsteal something useless).

But yeah in general, Paladin spells are usually the only ones worth stealing, although in 2v2 as double DPS you can spellsteal shields/hots when you're put on the defensive as well.

1 more buff that's sometimes good to steal is Warlocks "Demon Soul" buff, as it increases their dot dmg by 20%.

Oh and Hunter's Master's Call (freedom) is sometimes good to steal as well.
    My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/TosanTribeTV

Great thx Tosan, Yeah I tend to steal all spells that gives wings either the pala or the locks (because it looks cool.. just joking :P)
    But your right, we cant keep stealing crap magic (slow fall) from them, and better use our globals for cc/dps. ONly problem I have is the visual effect of some spells are hard to see. Anyone tips/addons to maybe improve this stealing? Power Aura's is nice but I need to manually put in all spells. (which is also why I made this thread :-)

Oh I just thought I also steals some hots when I am getting trained.
    Last edited by nerveagent; 03-13-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Drixar is on a distinguished road
    you could always try GladiatorLoSa, it anounces when spells are cast / activated and when there dispelled.

i.e. ''Protection'' > ''Protection Down'' ''Avenging Wrath'' '' Demon Soul'' etc.

its very usefull to help you learn what spell auras look like, however i would stress to not depend on the add-on entirely.

as for a list of things to steal i run with MageNuggets and it gives me a list of stealable buffs on my current target, you can size and position this how you like, mines personally underneith the targets portrait and although i never really glance at it now that much it really helped me learn some auras and such, you can also prioatize which ones will show, for instance you can turn off ''HoTs'' clearing the whole box against druids down to the bare minimum.
    Last edited by Drixar; 03-13-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Evolver is on a distinguished road
    For me to get to avenging wrath/Divine plea I have to take their BoM/BoK off, should I get my healer to dispel that when possible ? or would that be a waste of a gcd on him + waste of mana?

Bakersfield, California....If you live near me Hit me up on here!
    Spoils is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    For me to get to avenging wrath/Divine plea I have to take their BoM/BoK off, should I get my healer to dispel that when possible ? or would that be a waste of a gcd on him + waste of mana?
    if it is a ret paladin.. and you know that he is going to pop wings on you eventually... you need to have him dispelled before he pops wings... it is preferable that ur healer cleans him of buffs if ur playing with one, but if ur not.. u need to do it.. so that when he pops wings.. whichever one of you is free to dispel it can do so.

as for holy paladins and divine plea... its not as important to have him 100% clean considering that u and ur healer can get off plea in like 3 seconds if hes half buffed... 3 seconds of plea is far less detrimental than 3 seconds of wings lol

also, having ret's cleaned throughout the fight will allow u to steal freedom on demand to help u kite if they're on u

Great cheers guys! Hope this helps someone else to0 ;-)

Namasensei is on a distinguished road
    ALl the usuals has been covered, pala buffs like freedom,and wings should be taken those are the one si notice fast and take alot, but thing to to is also help ur healer dispell ferals so ur healer can easily dispell his instant cyclone avoid alot of pressure. maybe steal shadow protection vs shadowplay, avoid liek 25% shadow dmg. help ur healer healing urself by stealing hots Just thinking abit outside the box here:P heh.

Thanks guys. this is one area I tend to be lax on and know I need to be more proactive about.