+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

savy is on a distinguished road

Whats the best way to set up Razor Naga?

Im looking for a better way to target cs, deep freeze etc. in 3s on my naga. Is there a way to use control for arena 1, alt for arena2, and another button for arena3. I have not been able to use shift as a modifier b/c shift +mouse wheel also scrolls through spell layouts mid fight.
    Thx for any help.
    Last edited by savy; 03-14-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: no repsonses

Psyched is on a distinguished road
    Yeah bud, go into your naga configurator in windows, select num instead of 123, and go to button 1 and select single key, then u can select any key you like including alt ctrl shift

Edit. and then ingame make 3 macro's
    first being /target arena1
    second being /target arena2 ... and so on

Then bind all of these to the 1,2 and 3 buttons on ur naga in wow, i think this should work if i explained correctly!
    Last edited by Psyched; 03-14-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Will this allow me to press control on (keyboard) 1 on (Naga) and deepfreeze arena 1; or if I need arena 2 deep'd press alt(keyboard) 1(Naga).

Im thinking that to do this I will need a different macro to make in wow than the one you suggested.
    Last edited by savy; 03-15-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Hey Savy,

I HIGHLY recommend you check this video by Mahiko. He goes through how he set up his naga (which is the same way I utilize the mouse) and shows you sample macros he uses. I think it is basically the functionality you are looking for.

http://www.skill-capped.com/watch/67...dified-macros/

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by savy View Post
    I have not been able to use shift as a modifier b/c shift +mouse wheel also scrolls through spell layouts mid fight.
    Thx for any help.
    You can always unbind that functionality in your key bindings menu (unless I'm misinterpreting this and you want to have access to this...if so my bad).
    Last edited by Rugmouse; 03-16-2012 at 06:52 PM.

xakowako is on a distinguished road
    Nice font colour on your name there rugmouse I'd just like to add the slight modification I made to mahiko's macros which i've found usefull:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod][nomod, @mouseover, exists][mod:shift, @focus, exists][mod:shift, @arena1][mod:alt, @arena2][mod:ctrl, @arena3] SPELLNAME

This gives it a mouseover component which is usefull if you want to cc a pet instead of an enemy player. It also integrates a focus in case you want to do bg's as well.

Another valuable resource when thinking about setting up keybinds is neilyo's guide http://www.skill-capped.com/watch/69...rt-of-binding/

He talks about keystroke sequences and binding synergy. I applied some of his ideas and completely redid all my keybindings and I've got to say it's made me so much more efficient.
    Last edited by xakowako; 03-16-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xakowako View Post
    Nice font colour on your name there rugmouse
    I like to think of it as a warning that a huge wall of text is coming =D

On topic- Excellent addition to his code. I'm definitely going to have to implement this into my own macros. Thanks.

Thx alot! Just need to put these into muscle memory.

Savy, everyone decides to keybind their abilities differently. I've seen some guides that recommend binding ctrl, alt, and shift to their naga buttons but, IMO, this hinders the user because it requires that you use your non-mouse hand for pushing your abilities while using your mouse hand for target selecting. In pracitce, this will only really allow you to select #1-5 on your keyboard and then bind shift, alt, ctl for a maximum of 20 different arena uses.

I find it more versatile to use your naga for the 1-0,-,= key binding and then using your driving hand to ctrl, alt, or shift. This, in pracitce, gives you 48 different arena uses. I purchased a razer anansi keyboard that puts your ctrl, alt, and shift keys all slightly under your space button for easy control with your thumb.

You may want to check it out.
    I'm the reason they call us huntards.

@itzfrank - I lol'd at your sig...nice one =D

On topic - I can see your point in terms of using the naga for 1-0, etc.

I still have 6 and up bound to their respective numbers on my naga, so those harder to reach number keys are easily accessible using my mouse hand. In addition, I can still easily reach shift and ctrl with my keyboard hand (I've always had trouble using alt), so I still use the keyboard modifier buttons when using my "shift+6" for example...its just in reverse. This is how I chose to get around the point you brought up. I basically use my modifier keys on whatever hand is most comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugmouse View Post
    @itzfrank - I lol'd at your sig...nice one =D

On topic - I can see your point in terms of using the naga for 1-0, etc.

I still have 6 and up bound to their respective numbers on my naga, so those harder to reach number keys are easily accessible using my mouse hand. In addition, I can still easily reach shift and ctrl with my keyboard hand (I've always had trouble using alt), so I still use the keyboard modifier buttons when using my "shift+6" for example...its just in reverse. This is how I chose to get around the point you brought up. I basically use my modifier keys on whatever hand is most comfortable.

Glad I could be of service for the lols. I've since moved on to RSham and now I'm levelling a rogue which I'm at 84 on.. and I love him.

Back to it, you and I said the same thing. I was simply addressing that Savy brought up using naga keys for modifier keys.

Thank you for all of your awesome contribution to the site, Rugmouse.
    I'm the reason they call us huntards.