+ Reply to Thread

mrhatty is on a distinguished road

why does my damage suck as frost

so i went from unholy to frost recently. i reforged and all and im full cataclysmic. But i always find myself being out dpsed. by everything most of the times. Frost dks outdps me by 2 times the damage even when were facing the same comp. why does my damage seem to be so low? it used to be a lot higher when i played it last season even against other frost dks.

So what am i doing wrong? or how do i play it more likely.

im using frost strike on procs and hb necro
    use oblit against clothys on low hb. (situational)
    coi

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%A1g/simple

thats my character

Li is on a distinguished road
    Hi I'm new and hope I'm not stepping on toes, but i noticed in your armory you are missing two chimera gems and your chest isn't enchanted. That should help some, I would recommend swapping the str/haste gem with the str chim gem and i tend to stack resi gems in my yellows, the mastery seems viable but why not swap it into your boot yellow slot and put the red chim that's in your boot slot into your prismatic belt buckle. Also are you making good use of all your cds? If you are looking for burst i tend to stack my orc racial, my str trink pillar burn my runes and fs my rp till drained then empower rune weapon rinse repeat rune and rp dump, this tends to work well for me in twos with double deeps, i will also pop trinks/ams/ibf early to increase initial uptime depending on the comp im fighting. Glads feel free to rip my advice apart of course Cheers -Mike

Zaiphy
    I don't know what you already know. So I will just point out a few things (they might be obvious).

First of all, your mastery is a bit low.

Here is an armory link of my Frost DK with mostly S9 gear and he has the same 16% increased frost damage as your full S11 geared DK: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kosan/advanced

Secondly, your job is to make sure that all your Runes are on cooldown. I know that this might sound odd, but let me explain.

Runic Empowerment (passive) has a chance to activate a random fully depleted rune. This can only proc when a rune is on full CD. When two frost runes are on CD, one will start ticking to get active again, the other will start ticking when the first is active. That non-ticking rune counts as fully depleted. By having all your runes on CD, you have 3 runes fully depleted. That is when you start using Frost Strike, to make sure that your Runic Empowerment procs. All these procs are extra dps.

Also bind your Blood Fury (racial), Trinket and Pillar of Frost in one macro:
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast 14
    /cast Pillar of Frost
    And only use this "burst mode" when you have full Runic Power. So you can get some Runic Empowerment procs going. And if I remember right, you're Frost Strike is your highest damage output ability.

Try to safe this burst when you can actually use it. If I see a Frost DK popping his burst I will use Cloak of Shadows to negate. A Mage could Ice Block. A DK can use Anti-Magic Shield. Etc.

I hope that this helps you a bit.

EDIT: Make sure that you use Unholy Presence.

thanks guys.i have most of the basic understandings oas a dk. like knowing how to stay outa cc with ams. and ibf. and i have my burst trinket. and i no whar pressence. any reason why my mastery seems to be so llow? in s9 i had more mastery then i do now >.>

evster is on a distinguished road
    You have the expertise neck which is useless meaning you have to reforge more hit than normal

thanks gunna replace. i got it in baradin hold so ya.

i see a lot of top rated dks not reforging for hit. should i get 5% capped or no?