+ Reply to Thread

jonadefty is an unknown quantity at this point

New to Resto Shaman, want some trinket advice.

Hey guys, recently took advantage of the scroll of resurrection and got myself a Shaman. I've never played healer in arena aside from some past TR's so its still a refreshing change for me despite being under geared.

I was just hoping for some opinions on trinket choice for shaman, I'm currently playing with 4 resto pieces and ele gloves, the resilience medallion. It's difficult to determine how my mana management will be as I've only played some games with low resilience, spell power, max mana and spirit but I't still felt fairly decent. I know that it can depend on comp in some cases but I'm still unsure what I will be playing when I'm fully geared.

I was originally thinking to have a resil BM trinket for queueing into 3 DPS and certain RMP's/Cleaves that like to sit on me but I'm trying to decide on an alternative option to help with mana mainly.

DMC: Tsunami isn't the most accessible for me due to the price of it still being really high on my server and having my gold split between 8 characters and a couple of servers.

Spirit BM trinket/Spirit Proc trinket: These seem like decent options that are very easy for me to access, I was thinking the BM would be the better alternative here?

Raid Finder Trinket: At the moment I don't plan on raiding on my shaman but I recall a decent sprit trinket being available from dragon soul? If it is worth it, I might try and get the raid finder version of this but I have literally the worst luck.

Valor Points Trinket: Seemed like a weaker alternative to the spirit BM/Proc trinkets, if I'm wrong please enlighten me.

Core of ripeness: Easy enough for me to access, kind of dislike how it's an on use effect though?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bdogg is an unknown quantity at this point
    Right now I believe the way to go is full resil. Shamans are very squishy and a lot of Shamans have like 5k+ resil. If your using your regular healing wave on occasion when damage is not crazy you will be fine on mana.

Zhilay is on a distinguished road
    There are pretty much 2 trinkets that are used by resto shamans in arena at the moment, and that is either the DMC: Tsunami, or the resil BM trinket.

In the state that arena is at right now, you should get as much resil as possible. Gemming int+resil on red and resil on rest. All gear reforged to spirit (hit cap if you want, not mandatory)

The top rated Shamans like Cdew and Kollektiv are sitting at around 5k resil with DMC:T and around 5,5k with battlemaster depending on what comps they usually face.

I have tested out using the Heart of Unliving trinket from Dragon Soul, and it is not reccomendable. It only stacks on casted spells, and the buff only last like 10 seconds. So i'd say it's more for RBG's where you heal alot more.

So basicly swapping between DMC:T and resil BM depending on common comps you face and how much resil/spirit your comfortable with

Here's the armory for Kollektiv so that you can get a look at how to gear and stuff
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llektor/simple

jonadefty is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks for both of the replies, definitely gonna go for those two trinkets.