+ Reply to Thread

Paze is on a distinguished road

New warrior confused with specs

Hey, I just dinged my warrior and now it's time for some pvp.

However, I'm wondering, does everyone spec into slam? If not, why not?

I really want to have that ranged counter spell from the prot tree, though! Looks juicy.
    NO U

jonadefty is an unknown quantity at this point
    Yo man, theres a big variety of viable warrior specs that are viable.

Imp Slam: I love improved slam since my reasonably low latency allows me to weave them into my rotation just fine and they hit very hard.

Incite: I was never a big fan of this before but I kinda like it from messing around with it lately.

Piercing Howl vs gag order: Personally I could never give up piercing howl although if you have a strong slower on your team gag order would seem like a better option. You can succeed as both PH and Gag order but without piercing howl you can be non stop kited for such a long time.

I would recommend you go for for a spec with improved slam, incite and piercing howl looking like:

http://http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LG0fcMrRurkhb0oZh

I got this spec from watching hoodrych play and I felt like I would be giving up a lot but after trying it out I love the spec.

Paze is on a distinguished road
    Thanks!

Is Sweeping Strikes not that good?
    NO U

Koxaki is on a distinguished road
    Sweeping strikes is entirely situational, but its high rage cost (30 rage) makes it unattractive. Of course there is the major glyph for sweeping strikes, but then u sacrifice either colossus smash glyph, piercing howl, or long charge, which i personally can't play without. So, that restricts u to have to use while in deadly calm and/or while reckstorming (which we all know its not that effective while storming).

On some occasions it can be very good though, if u face for example a melee cleave training u, on moments where u have both of them stuck on u, u'll have excess rage and can use SS + retaliation to pop out some really nice counterpressure, and fast!

Entirely a personal choice, i find so many wizard cleaves out there now that SS has become unattractive for me. My 2 cents

Berin is an unknown quantity at this point
    Slam is on paper the highest DPS spec (although not necessarily the burstiest) but if you're not good at it you will actually handicap yourself. If you are new to warrior PvP I would absolutely advise against playing slam. I'd personally choose an incite and utility spec and if Slam does interest you then make a point of working it into your rotation on a target dummy, in PvE and in duels seamlessly before you think about stepping into any kind of rated PvP with it.

As for Gag Order spec, while it is nice to have the ranged silence you also have to pick up 2/3 toughness or blood and thunder to get it which is basically a throw-away of two talent points. If you look at what you have to give up to get gag I personally think it's not a worthwhile tradeoff. The one place I would consider it is if you play with ina a melee cleave where the other person will handle all slowing. In this case you don't need piercing howl and arguably don't even need imp hamstring. This makes gag order a much more attractive option.