Kellenheller is on a distinguished road
    just curious whats your highest rating?
    AIM: KevinSweeney51
    Kellenheller Cenarius Alliance
    Kellentwo Elune Alliance

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellenheller View Post
    just curious whats your highest rating?
    I've only gotten to 2042 in 3s on my rogue...nothing special at all. My main was a priest until Cata, which is when I started playing rogue. =(

Blackrat is on a distinguished road
    turn that rating upside down

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
    turn that rating upside down
    LOL...That would be pretty amazing, going up 600 rating in a season =D

We just have to get our shaman back (he has been hit hard with finals lately), then we will continue our climb. I'm getting some good practice in on the TR with Skill-Capped members though! It's nice to get a fresh perspective every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolbenito View Post
    Outstanding post, Rugmouse.

Just wanted to leave a comment on Dxtory. You can watch a video (biased) here about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KqsTa_HpM

What I like most about Dxtory is. 1) It records to a single file so you don't have to mess with combining the AVI segments. 2) You can choose to record to a codec such as H264, just need it installed on your computer. 3) I barely even notice it's on while recording BF3, MW3, Quake Live, Borderlands etc at max settings (going to an SSD drive)

Reason I mention it is that it's just faster to get into your footage and start reviewing your game. Again, great post appreciate it.
    Just in case everyone isn't aware of this...the new version of Fraps has an option that allows you to surpass the previous 4gb file size cap! This helps a ton for going back and reviewing your arena matches. I highly suggest you update to the latest version if you haven't already done so!

Rug

TryJOE is on a distinguished road
    Hello!

I would have a question which can sound stupid. I use an SSD for the system and was told to keep almost everything I can on a different HDD (like progs, games I barely play or not for a long time, movies.. etc) Therefore I use my fraps to record video onto a HDD. My question would be about the different types of HDDs, what kind of HDD is good for recording (I am thinking about the size of cash (?) memory, RPM (5900 or 7200) ) I am asking because I plan to buy a new one and why not buy than a proper one for recording. Also are these values in relationship with the actual physical sound of a HDD? Before using an SSD the recorded video quality was better(lag free) a bit, since I use SSD my former system HDD is a storage place for fraps videos, also tried to use a different HDD but didnt change the quality. Does it matter where the fraps is running? I would like to keep the SSD off from video recording.
    Also is there any other prog like fraps out there which is recommended? I used Bandicam but ended up at fraps. I record the games only for personal goals, but since my irl friends who I play with live a bit far away and we barely can make time to play its better to upload the vids for them, therefore I try not to be cheap with the quality.

ty in advance (sorry if its not the proper topic for the question)

Almost forgot about this thread =D

When I went to purchase a new HDD I had the same concerns you did. I actually found a thread on the fraps forums that had a list of recommended hard drives, so I just went ahead and bought one of the drives listed. I haven't had any problems so far (I believe I bought the Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1TB).

Here's the link:
    Recommended Hard Drives for Fraps Recording

It's a bit old, so I don't know if there are better alternatives, but I'd start there!