+ Reply to Thread

Talekon is on a distinguished road

Ret Videos?

I have noticed that there are literally no Ret Paladin videos on here. I would really like to see some since I love to play Ret. Also I wanted to know what other people thought, anyone else out there wanting Ret Videos?

Biggs is an unknown quantity at this point
    yea, there is already another thread about it but no response from any contributors. Think the most likely option would be if Tosan rolled a paladin as well, he could make vids for all classes by himself.

Talekon is on a distinguished road
    Contributor of all time am I right?

Asset is an unknown quantity at this point
    Ret is such a boring spec and their mechanics are so messed up. What would you want to learn? when to wings? how to burst? when to bubble? when to cc? how to manage your holy power?

Out of all the other dps classes ret is by far the most retardly boring one. Even ehn is more fun... heh. There really hasnt been any new changes and if you look at the ret videos that have been posted the same pretty much applies now. There is some that show focus macro's for repent, hammer and how to set up your burst and what not. Its the same as holy pally videos nothing has changed since s9.

Biggs is an unknown quantity at this point
    comps for both ret and holy paladins have changed alot since s9 and there is definitely stuff to learn. If there wasn't then all ret paladins would be 2600 rating right ? they're not though so im guessing they could use some advice. Its mostly comp specific matchups that would help. Like, what to start on vs this comp, what to swap to, what trick can you use against this comp etc. I dont think people are looking for a "how to pop wings" guide as you seemed to imply.

But if there really isn't going to come any content at all for paladins until mop then i dont see why any paladin would want to pay for an account here. I personally dont need any paladin help as im not exactly s acrub in this area; im mostly on the site because of my shaman, but its not alot of fun for those who only has a paladin.

Asset is an unknown quantity at this point
    You dont seem to understand what I am trying to get across. The fact that there arent many difference in the comps you run today as the comp you ran in s9 and yes, we all know the nerf ret got so people can't faceroll to 2600 anymore.

Ret comp;

Ret/Rogue/healer
    Ret/Dk/Healer
    Ret/Hunter/Healer
    Ret/Enh/Healer
    Ret/Mage/Healer
    Ret/Lock/Healer
    Ret/DK/Rogue
    Ret/DK/Hunter

My main was a Holy Pally and I joined this site to learn more. But I also understand that Holy Pallies have their nitch/comps and outside of that bring differnent things to the table and the fact that we're easily cc'able.

I play multiple toons and still enjoy coming here and reading up or watching new videos even if its for classes I dont play. You can always learn something from watching other classes and so you can know what to expect next time you play them. There arent many if any tricks you can learn now that didnt work back in s9.

Mundayz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Asset View Post
    You dont seem to understand what I am trying to get across. The fact that there arent many difference in the comps you run today as the comp you ran in s9 and yes, we all know the nerf ret got so people can't faceroll to 2600 anymore.

Ret comp;

Ret/Rogue/healer
    Ret/Dk/Healer
    Ret/Hunter/Healer
    Ret/Enh/Healer
    Ret/Mage/Healer
    Ret/Lock/Healer
    Ret/DK/Rogue
    Ret/DK/Hunter

My main was a Holy Pally and I joined this site to learn more. But I also understand that Holy Pallies have their nitch/comps and outside of that bring differnent things to the table and the fact that we're easily cc'able.

I play multiple toons and still enjoy coming here and reading up or watching new videos even if its for classes I dont play. You can always learn something from watching other classes and so you can know what to expect next time you play them. There arent many if any tricks you can learn now that didnt work back in s9.
    really good list, Ret/Warrior/Disc is also pretty legit and under-rated.

Zuzah is on a distinguished road
    Well I can please you by saying that my partner - Mystýc himself - has been signed as a Retribution and Elemental Shaman contributor (from what I understand). Judging from his last statement to me, he's knee-deep in work.

Now - I don't know what he was signed as, it's just what I'm assuming. Keep this in mind.

mehtol is on a distinguished road
    ^That is good to hear. I only recently joined the site and I have to say that I'm quite unhappy with the low amount of videos for Rets.
    Last edited by mehtol; 04-01-2012 at 12:00 PM.

straajk is on a distinguished road
    yeah, would be awesome to see some more comp-specific videos:>