+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Chaoscrew is on a distinguished road

ret weird question

Why some ret use 1 hand + shield some time ? its up to date or ???

ty !

-yoedrik-

Paimay is on a distinguished road
    If you are being trained by physical damage dps then using a 1h and a shield seems better than keeping a 2h weapon on imo. Also 1h weapons are faster so couldn't you get holy power faster? Also, don't pallys still have the seal that heals them on hit?

Mundayz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Paimay View Post
    If you are being trained by physical damage dps then using a 1h and a shield seems better than keeping a 2h weapon on imo. Also 1h weapons are faster so couldn't you get holy power faster? Also, don't pallys still have the seal that heals them on hit?
    From what I've been told and read is that it's just for the increased armor against certain classes.
    More specifically physical damage dealers.

Biggs is an unknown quantity at this point
    You dont get more holy power from using a one-hander. Seal of Insight does heal on melee hits but it will proc more often when using a slower weapon so theres no real benefit of using a faster weapon in terms of healing with that. The benefit is just more armor and the fact that you can block (5% default).

Its generally not something you should use alot as it will lower your damage considerably, but if you are getting trained by a kittycleave and you're just waiting for wings to get back up, it can definitely help your healer abit.

Chaoscrew is on a distinguished road
    ok i anderstand , so if i am hard focusing by melee , i can equipe shield to help my healer to keep me up then il switch back to 2 hand . ty guys for help ! Really appreciated !

Ret pally : Yoedrik
    Server : Durotan

cia!

SacredStorm is on a distinguished road
    sword and boarding is not worth it for ret as much as you'd think you're better off popping your 20% shield and running, the loss in pressure of going sword and board is significant enough to make it not worth it, it's like with dk's, the second you push them defensive they lose all of their pressure and the tide of the fight switches to the other team.