+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Deepzx is on a distinguished road

Please watch this video an tell me whats wrong (RMP stuck at around 2,1k repost)!

Hey, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eunzFO6nfB4
    It is a private video and for some reason youtube fucked up the quality so if you can't see what I'm doing in this video, please tell me and i will re upload it.

Mistakes i did:
    .) Moved out of RoF (First Clip)
    .) CS'd the DK instead of the healer (also first clip but maybe i just wanted to stop his deathgrip, idk)

Please tell me everything what is wrong with me and my mates, but additionally here are some questions which ran into my mind while watching the video:
    .) Right Mage-Armor for the comps?
    .) Does my rogue open to early?
    .) Am i trying to CC too much? (especially in the first clip)
    .) should i rebuff intelligence if it gets purged?
    .) Should i use my deep freeze on the Healer as a CC or better at our current target to deal damage?
    .) Should my healer watch my elemental's health or not?

I hope your guys could help me and maybe find out that my healer should dispel quicker or that my rogue gives not enough support, or that I make mistakes

Bowjob is on a distinguished road
    As rmp it is so important that your opener is strong and efficient. In the first clip your rogue didn't play it right at all. You should of went with him the second he got the sap you both should have been lining up the opener (Shatter+Cheap shot/Garrote) You will have the target down to 60% as soon as your cheapshot starts and your sap is nearing 5 seconds remaining. Once your rogue starts pumping pressure along with you getting procs to spam dmg the CC after the sap could force a trinket and then a TON of defensive cooldowns.

Btw thugcleave is a hard counter to RMP the best thing to do is all 3 players to stack on the hunter this way the hunter puts out 0 pressure and has a 1/3 chance to land a trap.

Thanks so far , that means that we play it right instead of the opener, doesn't we?
    However, maybe you have seen in the first clip in which I did 160k dmg and their shaman did like 600k, is there any way to improve that or is there any way to kite better than I do?
    I currently really don't know if I CC too much and I also sometimes think that my Mage armor is the wrong for a fight, would be great if you could answer all this questions.
    Thank you

Drixar is on a distinguished road
    First Clip:

30 secs: you waste a Nova on a shelled DK.

40-60secs

in the wolfs are popped DG is on CD hes also got no silence up, if you layed a ring down earlier it would of alowed you to take the preassure off the priest and he could if he wanted to move in for a triple fear you could then freecast and maybe make the priest pop a trinket into a full sheep followed by a vanish sap.

it seemed like to me around that time you was doing a whole lot of jumping and running away but not so much usefull CC, you could of impacted the priest and then into a sheep and started to convert your slight free space into some more preassure as it looked like the shaman was either going to be hit for alot or you where going to switch to the DK?

when you get that great sheep off on the healer he practically insta trinkets, did your Impact stun hit there after or not? this is more of a question as it seemed to hit but bug or the buff fell off?

the only thing i would say here is you could of DF him instead and perhaps of converted the DKs preassure into an early kill.

there's some other points in the match where your kiting but cant seem to get any space, why arnt you using frost orb to slow them to give you that bit of extra room?

---

I am going to continue watching when i get in, i may change some of my post as i am at work at the moment so i appologise of any spelling mistakes (or if i missed things in the video :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Drixar View Post
    when you get that great sheep off on the healer he practically insta trinkets, did your Impact stun hit there after or not? this is more of a question as it seemed to hit but bug or the buff fell off?

there's some other points in the match where your kiting but cant seem to get any space, why arnt you using frost orb to slow them to give you that bit of extra room?
    Well, I impacted him but it seems like the buff fell off while I did that
    And ofc I'm using my frostfireorb to kite (0:47) + Mirror Images to clear the enemy's focus, and I really get some space, maybe I tried to save it for burst later on or I just forgot to use it. ^^
    Anyways, thank you this thread is very informative for me and maybe for others too.

Mirtas is on a distinguished road
    To be honest, the onpener in your first fight was horrible.

1. Your rogue sapped the priest, opened with a CS on the DK and did almost 0 damage. Since you weren't there to do damage, the entire sap did nothing.

2. Your priest then fears out of the sap. That was good, but there was no CC on the sham so the fear was tremored. If you used Deep on the sham when your priest feared, you'd have gotten probably one or two trinkets.

3. Right as the Sham tremors, the DK uses AMS and stops ALL your damage. They both go on you, and you're defensive without really doing anything. As a result, they used 2 short CDs to counter your entire opener and force you defensive, worst of all, they used no trinkets.

Your Rogue needs, indeed, to be more patient and wait with the sap so you can Open at the same time. Watch THIS video from Tosan on RMP openers for a VERY good example on how it's done.

About doing damage in the long run: Try to store and save FoF proccs for when you know you can do damage. The biggest problem when doing damage is that you can't get FoF proccs when your rogue sees a burst opportunity.

So communicate how hard you can nuke: If you get 2x FoF from using a CoC, your petnova is up, and you have a FForb, You can probably dish out 150k dmg without casting anything but Ice Lance.

So try not to "waste" Fingers when they don't do anything.

That's all I have for now, I'll look at it again later, when I have more time.

Can't wait for it, thanks

Mirtas is on a distinguished road
    I've watched it again, and I'll start by answering your questions, then a few problem areas you need to work on.

Q1. Right Mage-Armor for the comps?

Use Mage armor 90% of the time. Exceptions are when you KNOW you'll get trained for extended periods of time. It's also a bit up to your healer, if he's able to keep you up, and you're good at kiting, it shouldn't be a problem sticking in Mage Armor.

An exception is when you know you'll get opened on, HARD, like feral+rogue teams and thug cleave, if they hard open on you, you'll need EVERYTHING you've got to survive.

Q2. Does my rogue open to early:

Yes, I've already covered that.

Q3. Am i trying to CC too much? (especially in the first clip)

I think it feels like you're CC'ing to much, because you're not doing it so well. You HAVE to CC the healer when vs a melee cleave. If the healer is out of CC, your novas, deeps and polys will be dispelled 100% of the time and then it feels like you're banging your head against a wall. Also you'll never get to cast to do damage like that.

Also pay attention to when you can CC, for example, in the DK\sham clip, at 1:38 the DK uses Frenzy on the priest. That means he's practically "immune" to polys, so you can't CC him. Then you spend 25 seconds trying to get a poly off, either on him or one of the DPS, when it will get dispelled instantly anyway, since you have no CC on the priest. That was a complete waste of time, and a waste of your healers mana. If you're not CC'ing, do damage.

Q4. Should i rebuff intelligence if it gets purged.

If you have free globals, then yes. However, it will most likely be dispelled again, so don't try to keep it up all the time, as there is no point in that.

Q5. Should my healer watch my elemental's health or not?

Yes, if it's getting "offkilled" and needs a few heals to be kept alive, OK.

But, your healer will NEVER, EVER, be able to keep your elemental up when someone decides to kill it dead. It's super squishy and unhealable when wanted dead by someone. Throw it a shield\renew or even a flash heal, but don't "waste" mana on it when it's getting killed by two DPS.

The best and more important thing to do is watch it's positioning and make sure it's not left alone to get killed. And also to avoid situations like your clip, around 1:22, you probably could have killed the DK, had your pet not been in africa hunting for hippos.

Q6. Should i use my deep freeze on the Healer as a CC or better at our current target to deal damage?

It's pretty simple: If the healer is in CC and you don't need deep to follow up the CC, use it on the DPS. If the healer is NOT in CC, never, use it on the DPS.

There are exceptions of course, like if you Deep someone and blanket the healer, or if you NEED peels for a few seconds so your healer can keep you up. But again, it should be used on the healer 90% of the times it's up.
    -

A few things to work on.

Openers: As mentioned in previous posts, your openers are bad, in both clips. The first one I've already covered, but vs the Thug Cleave it was almost worse:

The priest got in combat and could not be sapped. That was "ok", but then your first spell out of invis should have been Poly to get some CC on him or your rogue opens and immediately blinds the priest. Then when the rogue opened on you, your priest could fear him off, and you could turret the hunter like hell and then stack on top and train him the rest of the game.

I think the ideal opener vs a thug cleave is to, sap the priest, and stand right next to the hunter and open, the priest can then mount in and fear both the rogue and hunter as you do, provided he's not sapped in the middle of nowhere. This WILL get trinkets.

Thug Cleave is, indeed, a hard counter to RMP though, and frankly I want Tosan to make a "how to maybe not get screwed by Thug cleave as RMP", as I lose most fights vs Thugs myself. :P
    -

Synergy as a team

The biggest problem you have is that you need more practice as a team. Individually you three seem competent. But you're not executing strats properly and focusing on what you each need to kill someone.

Your Rogue is abit overly agressive and doesn't seem to care if you can DPS or not. There is no point in Kidney+bomb if YOU can't do damage as well. The first bomb in the first clip was a complete waste. You were trained soo hard that your rogue should have peeled instead of trying to solokill a DK with trinket and defensives up! COMMUNICATE when you can DPS and when you need peels, so you don't waste CD's like that. That goes for CC cooldowns as well.

You and your priest need better CC synergy and communication. You need to DF->Fear->poly more. He does a good job of keeping you alive, but you don't help eachother CC. Deep and fear is on almost equal Cooldowns and should ideally be used at the same time.

Your team did a decent: DF->fear->poly->priest trinket->Blind around 1:05.

If you had planned a bit better, your first ROF at could have been a DF->Ring on the healer then drag the DPS inside so you could freecast on the DK. The enemy priest would probably have trinket, then your priest could have feared out of that, into a blanket CS. That would probably gotten a lot of CDs from the enemies and then you just wait out for fear and DF to come back up so you could score a kill.
    And you'd still have blind when the healer was off fear DR.

Get a better tracking of what is on DR when and communicate who can CC with what at ALL times!
    -

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    -Mirt.

very good help, thanks so much

Another short question, in the first clip i tried to cc to much but what is my damage about in the second clip? is it enough for being focused?