+ Reply to Thread

Tready is on a distinguished road

Ret Vs Hunter

I've tried to look around for some Ret vs Hunter videos to see how a proper duel should occur but I haven't seen much out there. What does the ret need to watch carefully for, do perfectly ect..

Thanks for the help

Nomeans is on a distinguished road
    Have you looked up hunter abilities and checked out their guides? I generally don't have problems against hunters, what keeps happening to you?

labien is on a distinguished road
    Slows and kitting really kill me. What is a basic overview for this?

labien is on a distinguished road
    I've been told to build holy power on pet and try to kill it? Seems like a bad idea to try to kill a hunters pet 1v1

Nomeans is on a distinguished road
    Obviously it depends on the caliber of player you're against, but in a duel situation remember you can cleanse slows off you and freedom to give yourself some breathing room. You can build HP off the pet but personally I don't bother with killing it. Repent as a gap closer and just attempt to get under him. And don't pop cds if you know he can scatter-trap you.

Psyreen is on a distinguished road
    Make sure you have the glyph of cleansing. This will be a huge mana saver!
    Whenever they use rapid fire, or any CD, pop divine protection.
    As stated above, use HoF pretty often.
    Dueling wise, don't stand ontop of them before it starts, most will lay a freezing trap beforehand.
    Pop guardian early to get some pressure, HoJ early. Most will trink the early HoJ, possibly giving you a 2nd gamechanging Hoj.
    Because they can dispell wings, DO NOT pop wings until sacred shield pops. (Use divine shield when SS procs, more healing)
    Once divine shield goes down, repentence to close the gap.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    It really depends a lot on where you are dueling them. If you're out in the open without any chance of getting into LoS, you're not really going to have much of a chance vs. any decent Hunter.

If you are out in the open your best bet would be to just use Repentance to get into their face and HoJ early. If they trinket you just need to survive until your second HoJ and try to finish them off with that.

However if you were to have LoS you'd pretty much just have to take advantage of the fact that you have much stronger self heal. Just hug pillars and go for damage whenever you have cds.