+ Reply to Thread

yawo

moonkins in rbg

Hi i was just wondering what do you other boomkin do exactly in rbgs?

CyrusGuild is on a distinguished road
    I am also interested in this tbh i find it hard to belive its just spamming moonfire on there whole team etc but i have no idea.

DirtyClamJam is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by yawo View Post
    Hi i was just wondering what do you other boomkin do exactly in rbgs?
    Clone the other teams melee untill they are throwing their computer monitor out the window

RMPFTW is on a distinguished road
    My EXP in RBG as Boomkin is 2,2k and here is how a boomkin plays in RBG. Your role is going to be that you DOT as much as you can. Throw out cyclones on those healers until the cyclones are DR'd and then you start cycloning whichever is doing loads of damage or is annyoing you. A Boomkin's role is pretty much very high damage in both AoE and Single. Me as boomkin can easy do 30k to 50k Crits with my trinks up and I suggest you fire up your trinkets and dot everyone in Solar Eclipse. It's going to do alot of AoE pressure and it ensures you when target caller calls for another target hes already going to be abit low due to dot's from you and at most of the time your lock or fire mage at your team. Starfall is best used in Lunar but it's great to create pressure on the enemy team by poppin trinkets, then dotting with solar or lunar and then starfall. Alot of AoE damage. I think you got the point that our Role is that we Dot everyone up, then we get alot of starsurge procs and we do alot of single target dps like a baws and destroy the team. We also have a role in pushing off healers or other enemys. this can be done if a enemy is close to the edge on Lumber Mill for example and if you have a DK in your group he runs to the edge and death grip the healer and bam you typhoon that mother fuc**** down xD Another great tactic is in Twin Peaks if the enemy tank is on his way hom with his flag on the left side where the edge is also there a DK can grip and you can typhooon him off and bam your flag is reset and you killed the tank in the same process Boomkin's wouldn't be much in BG if it wasn't for Multi dotting everyone and creating pressure so when one enemy is pressureed by your whole team and he recieves Pain Suprresion and goes defensive you can easiely switch to someone else and hes going down fast. Druids can go stealth and it that term alot of rogues want you on their trip to ninja flags. Normally there is going to be Warrior, DK, Druid or Paladin tanking a flag alone. Warriors are immune to sap with their ability can't remember which and Paladins bubble, but the others really just have trinket. Druid can cyclone if warrior is there, bash or root. It's easy to cap flag with a druid. Anymore questions ask here cause I don't believe if you got the right answer as you wanted xD bye

2 3 4 6 8 9

Roiddy is on a distinguished road
    If you want it, you can put it in the content request forum, and someone will be assigned the video in the future

I see. Thats awsome the death grip thing made me do an evil laugh > i tried to dot multi targets in BG's (Bare in mind im in greens) but by the time i got swarm and MF up on everyone it was gone off the first two targets and i have no time to do casting pressure.

Any tips?

RMPFTW is on a distinguished road
    Well you shouldn't always care about dotting EVERYONE. Healers can be left out and just dot dps. Of course it's going to wear off. When target caller calls out a target you begin casting on him (dot him if needed) and kill him. Easy shit just dot alot when possible. I begin dotting and if our target caller calls out a target I stop and target that target and try go for a kill with Starsurge and some wraths/starfires.

Okay cool, do you find that the long starfires are a problem? I never find much of a chance to cast star fire because its sooo long to cast. Maybe im just bad :P