+ Reply to Thread

KNR is on a distinguished road

Shadowplay

I haven't played Lock since early s9. A couple of friends want to play shadowplay and I'm just wondering about general offensive pressure. Does splay just dot everything, or dot a main and off target with heavy cc into the 3rd?

Bernzy is on a distinguished road
    I played shadowplay a for a while with some success. We mainly dotted up two targets while trying to control the third. Most cases it was dotting up two dps and cc'ing the healer. A lot of it is based off switches, once someone is low your priest should hard switch to them with a lot of burst.

Felshifter is on a distinguished road
    running shadowplay only at about 1800 mmr or so, though my shadow priest just not realized he's not suppose to dot 2 targets and then mind spike spam the 3rd, obviously we we're always lossing games because he was low on mana.

But anyway that aside, the main thing we do in a perfect openner is put dots on both dps, any pets and fear/fear/spell lock(blanket)/hex/mc(if he can get it off) the healer, while we aren't trying to go for a kill in this if we can use our dots to make someone extremely low we can force early defensive CDs, once early defensive CDs are gone its just a matter of keeping 3 targets dotted, controlling the match and waiting for someone to dip below 60% so your spriest can just blow him the hell up.

The main issue we currently have been running into is shaman/priest chain dispelling, we've been countering it by controlling both dps and putting heavy dots on the healer (haunt/devour target we call "heavy") this makes it really hurt when he takes a 20k UA dispel and a 4 second silence. Not to mention it just gives them so much to dispel even for a priest at some point he has to heal through it.

Hoeth is on a distinguished road
    Ashman just made a guide for shadowplay, but its in priest PoV. It helped me a lot though

Snutz is an unknown quantity at this point
    You were right, as the warlock you just run around chasing the healers and dotting everything. The more dots the more pressure and your spriest will be able to finish off the targets with your help
    I stream almost everyday on twitch.tv where you can find here:
    www.twitch.tv/snutzy

I have beginning to upload new awesome arena clips to my youtube as well which you can find here:
    www.youtube.com/snutzy1

KNR is on a distinguished road
    That seems to be the most effective thing we've done. I dot everything in sight and fear some people around a bit. Before you know it, their whole team is half health and we can make switches based off of their positioning or cd's used. I think our main problem is lack of gear on myself. I just updated to s11 ruthless but I'm still rocking the ilvl 378 weps. My pressure isn't nearly what it could be when I'm about 2k spell power behind current locks.