+ Reply to Thread

JesseTDeLeon is on a distinguished road

How should I gem?

So basically I just switched from Misha US to Veknilash US and instead of running with a Hpally, I'm now running with a priest. My attack power dropped from about 19k buffed to 16k buffed. What I'm wondering is should I just gem pure strength and get spell pen cap, or stay how I am gemmed currently with spell pen cap.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sh/Ks/advanced

murrkk is on a distinguished road
    I play scleave with 5259 resilience from gemming yellow sockets as +50res, and red sockets as +25str/+25res. It's just preference. I find myself lasting a whole lot longer. My healer is in full honor gear though, so I may be able to change my gems out when he can move my health bar.

Gemming this way really helps against jungle, rmp, and thug.

Zeraveth is on a distinguished road
    Most common setup would be spell pen on gloves/legs, cloak spell pen, yellow strenght+haste, red strenght. Socket bonuses are to strong to ignore far as I'm conserned. Like Murrkk points out some things may change what's common, like having a badly geared healer, but generally I'd suggest on gemming like mentioned. Currently running with a priest myself, and while some fights can be pure hell, that's just the state of 2s atm, but you're more than capable of getting kb's on healers while putting down desecration and chain on the enemies healers to stop a lot of the damage on your own healer.

My experience, it comes down to how you're timing your abilities together and playing tacticly than the pure burst you can put out.

urandor is an unknown quantity at this point
    I would personally gem either str/resil or straight up strength in yellow sockets. A secondary stat like haste isn't that great.

Syrrus is on a distinguished road
    First of all you should reforge Mastery -> Haste. since haste is a better stat then Mastery in Unholy. you should also remove one of the 50 spell pen gems and replace it with 20 str and 25 spell pen to get exactly the Spell pen cap at 195.
    you should also get ridd of the green gems you got in your gear and buy a Ebolsteel belt buckle. and my currently gemming is Red= Bold Yellow = Mystic
    Blue = Stormy/ Vivid dream emerald (20 str and 25 spell pen)

Mundayz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrus View Post
    First of all you should reforge Mastery -> Haste. since haste is a better stat then Mastery in Unholy. you should also remove one of the 50 spell pen gems and replace it with 20 str and 25 spell pen to get exactly the Spell pen cap at 195.
    you should also get ridd of the green gems you got in your gear and buy a Ebolsteel belt buckle. and my currently gemming is Red= Bold Yellow = Mystic
    Blue = Stormy/ Vivid dream emerald (20 str and 25 spell pen)
    Vivid is actually 20 resil and 25 spell pen

Syrrus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundayz View Post
    Vivid is actually 20 resil and 25 spell pen
    my bad. :P diddnt look good enough at the gem i just knew the name :P