+ Reply to Thread

Kyosty is on a distinguished road

Frost DK, Frost Mage and Holy Paladin

Hello

I'm currently playing a Frost DK and out of the players and clases I have available we are trying to make this combo work. We know other comps have advantages over us and in some cases the deck is heavily stacked against us with certain spell cleaves. We are however looking for tips on what strengths we should stick to when going for kills. Strengths and Weaknesses, any advice would be helpfull.

Thanks

bkunzig is on a distinguished road
    If you are having trouble against caster-cleaves have your DK go Unholy. While both of you are running frost specs. you will be able to put out a lot of front end damage so I would recommend playing very fast paced and going for a kill in the first minute. Frost DK's don't live long against caster's so you guys need to pop everything and down someone quick.

Strengths: Loads of burst dps.

Weaknesses: FrostDK's have almost no survivability, can be easily locked down, and their main damage HowlingBlast will break most of the CC the mage puts out.

Kyosty is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the reply we played a few games for the first time and it was pretty much me zergering down the healer with a focus chains on any melee and the mage working to keep caster dps sheeped or in a ring of frost. While I jumped out with my on use trinket/pillar of frost then recycle my runes on the healer.
    We have gotten good pressure normally with ams up to allow me to get there then then the mages joins in for a quick kill.

Based on what you mentioned I think I will work on seperating with a grip, chains to allow my mage to get sheep away from my kill target so howling blast won't break cc I have been working on using my frost runes only for chains on my kill target if there is cc going out around me. Our Paladin had mentioned that they didn't feel the pressure as before when we were playing TSG and we seem to have a bit more control.

Thanks for any advice on this.

bkunzig is on a distinguished road
    If that works I would continue to do it. Also, you can aim your howling blast in case you didn't know. It hits in a cone in front of you. Sometimes you may be able to HowlBlast even with CC close to your target depending on where you are.