+ Reply to Thread

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough

Dealing with Mage Teams that Ride our Healer

I've been having some issues lately with mage teams that sit on my healer (dispels). Because they are riding my shaman, I'm consistently nova'd, slowed, basically taken out of the game entirely. Our biggest issue is with Mage/Mage/Priest, which is basically the most frustrating thing I've come up against as a rogue.

The amount of consistent damage being thrown at my Shaman makes it very difficult for him to consistently dispel me, as he is busy trying to LOS incoming damage (thus LOS'ing me at times) or simply trying to heal himself up from the pressure. All the while, I'm slowed/cc'd to no end and they eventually just wear through the shaman's cooldowns and he falls over.

Rogues have a few options as far as getting out of these control abilities, but I feel like Iím using them at inappropriate times. Once I blow vanish, cloak, and trinketÖthe game is basically over, as there will be no way of connecting long enough to secure a kill. Is there anything I should be looking for before resorting to using my cooldowns? I feel like I should be waiting for X cooldown from the enemy before using my own to ensure I have solid uptime before getting controlled once again. I just canít decide what to look for, as they seem to have an answer for everything. I call out all CCs that are put on me to check if my healer can get them, but more often than not, itís just not possible (this is when Iíll use vanish/cloak/etc).

Any help would be great with thisÖthereís nothing more frustrating than the seemingly limitless ways this team can control me. Well, triple dps makes me sad too =(

Rug

Numb
    I have played a resto shaman to 2300 rating (not the highest but i will just throw in my two bits) I personally try to dispell my teammates even while being sat on, I will LoS the casters and try to dispell as much as i can when coming out of LoS. When i see an incoming poly i try to shear or ground it. When i dueled against my mage partner (also 2300 exp) he couldnt kill me until i went oom occasionally though he could get me into kill range only if he juked me a few times. I would say the best bet is to just practice and get comfortable with what mages can do. I also dispel constantly in games even while being trained so i can get the hang of it in key moments.

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Numb View Post
    I have played a resto shaman to 2300 rating (not the highest but i will just throw in my two bits) I personally try to dispell my teammates even while being sat on, I will LoS the casters and try to dispell as much as i can when coming out of LoS. When i see an incoming poly i try to shear or ground it. When i dueled against my mage partner (also 2300 exp) he couldnt kill me until i went oom occasionally though he could get me into kill range only if he juked me a few times. I would say the best bet is to just practice and get comfortable with what mages can do. I also dispel constantly in games even while being trained so i can get the hang of it in key moments.
    Thanks for the response Numb.

Yeah, I mentioned to him that if I was dispelled, I would be able to shut down a lot of their damage if I'm able to connect, but he didn't seem to feel he had the spare global. I'll be sure to have him prioritize dispelling me more, and also to watch for incoming Poly's so he can ground/shear them. My lock can make sure to spell lock big damage attempts, like a frost bolt shatter, while my shaman can worry about CC abilities.

My gut instinct told me it was a lack of dispels issue. I just want to be able to give him some game play advice on how to make dispelling me more managable, rather than just saying, "lol dispel me more noob." Having him prioritize dispels, while focusing on LOS and watching for CC should give him less things to manage. I'll have him try this out.

If anybody else has any advice, please post. I'm sure there are some things I could be doing/watching for, or adjustments to my game play I can make, that would prevent the monster cc chains from happening in the first place (which is why I posted this in the rogue forums).

Thanks again.

elbigsam is on a distinguished road
    He has to dispel you. He doesn't really have other things to cast anyway. If I can't hardcast because of dual counterspells I always have spare globals.

am I frozen in place? Dispell
    Is my rogue frozen in place? Dispell
    Am I at full hp with riptide on myself? If no, unleash and riptide. If yes, dispell rogue, he's prolly snared.
    Am I below full hp and opponent has counterspell? Unleash and riptide.
    Am I blanket silenced from counterspell? If yes stoneclaw totem and unleash.
    I dispell snares on self as well for the heal.