+ Reply to Thread

Arduous is on a distinguished road

New to Warrior

I've been playing around with my warrior and I'm wondering for maximum damage is stance dancing acceptable to do? I do it in PvE with macros that swap in and out of Battle/Berserker for each ability. It seems like it would really crank up my burst by a fair amount ( it cranked up my PvE DPS by at LEAST 3k easily) or is the reaction lag of having to double tap too much?

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Drummerboy is on a distinguished road
    There is no point in stance dancing anymore. Unless you go into Defensive Stance and use Shield Wall/Disarm/Shield Block. The reason why warriors did it before was because of Recklessness and Intercept were only usable in Berserker Stance. Once Blizzard made Recklessness available in Battle Stance there was no use to even go into Berserker Stance because the same patch they made Intercept useless, by making it share CD with Charge and making the stun duration the same as well.
    It's good to be the King.

Well I'm not so much talking about the usability of CDs, but more the damage increase, it's only 5%, but still.

Kolbenito is an unknown quantity at this point
    Not to contradict Drummerboy, he is absolutely right.

Personally if I'm going to dump an MS and a couple Slams into someone with DPS trinket and Reck popped... I switch to Berserker stance. As much me stuck in my old ways as anything. Is it worth doing even in this circumstance? I have no idea
    Last edited by Kolbenito; 04-18-2012 at 05:43 AM.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Drummerboy is on a distinguished road
    No I wouldn't do so only because you lose your rage and 5% damage is nothing when you have 100% chance to crit with Overpower when Recklessness is popped. Not to mention OP cost almost no rage. If you were to go Berserker Stance than you will just be unable to use one of the most reliable abilitys to crit/hit. Not to mention you can time 2 Overpowers in a row to do some really nice burst.
    It's good to be the King.

Berin is an unknown quantity at this point
    While this works in theory, IMO the 2 points in tactical mastery it would require is too large a loss to incur when you start to think of the utility or burst talents you'd have to give up to get it. Trying this without 2/2 in tactical mastery is going to fuck you hard since you won't have enough rage to put out pressure when you need to. This is however a very useful thing to max DPS in PvE if you want to try it.

Hahaha wow, that just shows how new I am to warrior I forgot entirely about Tactical Mastery, yeah now I see your points. Thanks for the inputs.