+ Reply to Thread

Cese is on a distinguished road

Help with macro

Can someone help me with a resto sham macro, The goal is to have a cast sequence Macro involving /Unleash elements, riptide, then riptide, and be able to use this while targeting an enemy player on my self, or else cast it on friendly target?

Buyakha is on a distinguished road
    Using Unleash Elements on a castsequence macro or in any macro will limit you in so many ways, for example, lets say you make a macro like this "/castsequence reset=target Unleash Elements, Riptide". The fist time you use it, itll work fine but then you will need to wait 15 seconds to be able to cast your next riptide unless you have another riptide key for lets say non UE riptide, which makes no sense right?

Also it will limit you when you want to use it with another spell, or when you are silenced and need a cast, etc.

My personal recommendation is to avoid using this type of macros, just keybind your UE on a different key and use it depending on the situation that benefits the most.

My 2c

Cese is on a distinguished road
    Ok first, the reason you need to wait 15 seconds for riptide is because your macro is incorrect. You need to cast 3 riptides between Unleash elements so that you use Unleash elements on cooldown with riptide. I'm thinking it's the best use for unleash elements becausde the more you use it with riptide you less you need to cast.
    castsequence reset=target Unleash Elements, Riptide, Riptide, Riptide

I'm mostly having troubles taking full advantage opf unleash elements. It's not very good spell to counter burst I think because it only heals for 11k, even though it buffs next spell you need to wait full GCD for that next buffed spell... My mage died in half a second yesturday.

How do you guys use it?

8 9

Hexpert is on a distinguished road
    /castsequence reset=15 Unleash Elements, Riptide, Riptide

and be able to use this while targeting an enemy player on my self
    Interface/Combat/Auto Self Cast
    How do you guys use it?
    UE>Riptides for prehots every game. I would UE riptide against pressure comps like LSD2 that are just starting to get their aids everywhere. I also may use it when a teammates dipping low and I want to avoid opening up my tree to a counter spell for as long as I can. If I don't believe I'm going to need big burst heals in the next couple of seconds, I'll UE riptide there. Otherwise UE GHW or surge. I believe it's almost always used on CD.