+ Reply to Thread

wetnipples is on a distinguished road

Disc/Feral vs. Death Knights and arms warriors

Hi guys, first post here, here we go.
    Im currently sitting at around 1.5k with my feral partner. We're both 3 pieces off fully Cataclysmic but recently I've been struggling with UnH DKs and arms warriors. They just train me and i cant get away to keep myself up. Warriors zerk rage my fears, and DKs trinket, lichborne or grip straight after it. I'm at a loss and wondering if anyone has any tips on beating comps with these dps.
    Help directed at me and my feral will be greatly appreciated

encrypt is on a distinguished road
    Hello good sir, As they are 2 classes that ferals SHOULD easily destroy, he should be doing a lot of work outside of your surviving, peels are almost a given as he kills the arms warr, you can put fear ward on yourself to make sure the warr doesn't use his fear as an extra interrupt, neither of them can take it off, just make sure you don't do it with dark sim up. But yes the feral should have the warr down asap with an off bash + roots + cyclone on the DK

Uknowmysteez is on a distinguished road
    Dks own priests... esp accompanied by a warrior... this is how i would approach this comp

I would stay back for as long as possible.... getting a full grace stack on myself with shield and POM... Make ur feral open on the dk before he can get to u... (this means LOS dk for as long as possible in the beginning... he will be looking for a grip if ur feral opens).... tell ur feral to start out with a clone on root/clone on warrior.... and pray for a trinket... stay at max range or LOS for as long as possible....
    once they connect to u make sure u use your cds correctly...
    1. RUN! - pre shield + POM + penance(for grace stack)
    2. if they are both on u and u get in a full stun... use Pain Sup... to stop a majority of their dmg
    3. Save trinket for strang if at all possible
    4. have feral cc the warrior every chance he gets...
    5. Fear them on CD... it causes the warrior to sue zerker... and if dk uses Lichborne then he is pritty much out of cds for ur ferals dmg

alright i'll give it a go next time, thanks a lot guys

RaulVillarrealJr is on a distinguished road
    Uknowmysteez stated it pretty well the most important of all the tips mentioned is stay out of harms way for as long as possible. There is no reason for you to run out with your partner into the fight a common mistake vs double DPS. If they open on your feral your rather set for a win so staying mounted in start room is A-OK. Be prepared for a false opening however, don't let them open on your druid and then make the mistake of running in for a fear on them or anything of that sort stay max distance and LoS behind a pillar if map permits at start. The longer you stay out of harms way in the opener the greater your chance of winning and the more stress it puts on the double DPS team as they are at 70% HP or less and you remain untouched.

Re. your "3. Save trinket for strang if at all possible" rule - surely it's better to save for Throwdown? As you can still move during Strang and possibly negate some damage, whereas during throwdown you're totally screwed over for a few seconds.

Thanks for your advice too, now you mention it I do tend to steamroller out into the middle occasionally, usually against rogue teams because i go for a dispell to get into combat, avoiding saps.

willsmithbelair is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wetnipples View Post
    Re. your "3. Save trinket for strang if at all possible" rule - surely it's better to save for Throwdown? As you can still move during Strang and possibly negate some damage, whereas during throwdown you're totally screwed over for a few seconds.
    glyph pain suppression and you can use it in stuns (throwdown). If they are both connecting to you, you will absolutely have to trinket strangulate. Same goes for dk/ret. pain sup HoJ trinket strangulate.

Vs these teams I stay mounted for as long as possible and use inner will and only swap to inner fire if I know I'm going to be taking dmg. just keep running and LoS grip/charge until you absolutely have to heal.

The dk should be an easy kill for your feral, but have him ready to clone warrior for things like deadly calm. If you let a warrior get momentum he will absolutely solo you without peels.

Dk/warrior is about as anti-priest as it gets imo. Just run run run.

willsmithbelair is on a distinguished road
    Vs rogue teams as feral/disc getting sapped is not much of an issue as your feral will be stealth anyway and vs disc/rogue you don't want to get sapped in the open or you're just gonna get mana burned right off the bat. vs ret rogue I would say it's in your best interest to get into combat before a sap depending on situation, but against rogue teams I stack grace, pw:s, penance, and start to stack aegis via prayer of healing since most rogues won't sap you until pw:s is down and will open with a 4 sec silence. Vs double stealth you'll want to keep moving around a pillar in case it's mage/rogue you don't want to give the mage a good place to open on you if you can help it. If mage rogue opens on you pain sup as soon as you can and when they swap to your feral make sure he knows when you are cc'd so he can use defensive cds accordingly. If you find yourself getting cc'd a lot work on your LoS. Feral/Disc can outlast almost anything so overextending is exactly what teams like mage/rogue want you to do if you survive opener and your feral doesnt over extend mage/rogue rogue/rogue shouldn't be a problem. and because feral defensive cds are so strong you can really save your trinket for when most needed like avoiding a blind into sap. also helpful is focus targetting mages and focus deathing polys when you can. also vs rogues life gripping kidneys to avoid smokebombs, lifegripping / fearing shadowdances, etc.

i hope these can help you some.
    Last edited by willsmithbelair; 04-28-2012 at 09:23 AM.

ShivNanda is on a distinguished road
    honostly i suggest going on warr though caause u can cc a dk much better basicly Cyclone he trinkets into a full root without any outs warr can blade storm it also UH dks have amazin lichborne heals and sac and everything