+ Reply to Thread

Vemyr

I'm bad in 3v3

Hey, so I started doing some 3s with an arms warrior and a feral druid.

I'm really struggling against RMP/RLS, or most things with CC.

I try to stay out of LoS when possible, or out-distance the rogue's blind and other shorter distance CCs. I completely fail in Orgrimmar (Ring of Valor) arena when the pillars go down and seem to be endlessly CCd trying to get to the next pillar. Blanket silences tend to screw me up, then I really have to stay in LoS to heal and it all goes down hill. I've started putting a raid marker on myself but their positioning still seems crap, I'm always in LoS of enemies when casting.

I've got my feral druid to make a remove curse macro for hex and I try to get HoS up on sheep/fear etc but it just gets dispelled and then they carry on chain CCing.

I think I pop DS too early to allow myself to freecast during the initial burst, then I'm screwed when my trinket's down. Also my team mates don't think I'm dispelling snares enough to give them enough movement, but they take so much initial burst that I often don't feel that I have time to keep dispelling.

I use SpellAlerter and InterruptBar but it doesn't stop the slaughter.

I really need advice or maybe some positioning videos, especially for Ring of Valor. Thanks.
    Last edited by Vemyr; 04-20-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Vemyr
    Would it be helpful if I post up combat logs? Or should I capture some videos? I'll try to do whichever's best on our next session.

Merkz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Vemyr View Post
    Would it be helpful if I post up combat logs? Or should I capture some videos? I'll try to do whichever's best on our next session.
    Videos would be helpful so people could perhaps point out errors in your play and explain what you could have alternatively done. One possibility is that your team isn't putting out enough pressure. Aggressive cleansing and also a well timed HoJ can turn the tides and force enemy CDs. The comp you're playing does indeed require a lot of dispels (as does any melee cleave), and so I presume you're lacking damage output against these teams as a result of lacking mobility. Holy Paladins have very strong CDs which will give you a strong opener will you'll fall behind as the DoTs start rolling and the Shaman stabilises through SLT/NS and survives the early game.
    To summarise, your early pressure should carry through to later in the match, and this is achieved via coordinated cc chains and interrupts, along with dispels where necessary.

Paze is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Vemyr View Post
    Videos please. No combat logs. There are so many things that have a say in your play other than what the combat log can show.