+ Reply to Thread

Bezit is on a distinguished road

Warrior changes in MoP

What do other warriors think about the removal of rend in MOP. I have played warrior for a very very long time and I feel like removing rend would be like removing charge or hamstring or overpower. I realize that TC applies deep wounds through blood and thunder, so is that going to be part of our rotation now? Although I think MS is applying deep wounds anyway, so I'm not quite sure what to think considering deep wounds now lasts 15 seconds. I'm assuming we're just going to be using thunder clap on melee cleaves like we do now.

Also how do you guys feel about the banners? I personally like the additional flavor, although I hope the mechanic doesn't feel clunky. I feel like they're trying to give warriors a bit more utility through something that isn't just a straight out buff. I feel like depending on the arena and how the match is going you could actually use banners to control your enemy's position. The crit banner seems pretty strong, the demoralizing banner seems to just do the same thing that TC does with a wider range. And I assume the mocking banner won't work in arena, although that would be pretty awesome.

What other changes are you guys curious about, other than the new talent system changes. Also, how do you think having more mobility (avatar, storm bolt, safeguard) will effect our role in arenas? Right now we are just pure pressure and damage, but with some added utility and mobility, we could possibly see a shift from being damage bots to being a high skill capped class, reminscent of BC.

Soiran is on a distinguished road
    Played Beta and Arms feels so boring. And in Beta it felt like Fury did a lot more damage as well, and since you will have juggernaut and all that sheit as fury as well it feels like Fury will be more fun to play.

Banners seems awesome specially the 20% crit one, I like how you can use it to intervene to, seems quite cool.

Atm I really like all the silences and stuns we will have, 4 sec stun on 20 sec cd=awesome!

I have beta access and installed.. but I couldn't really find much to do, I queued for BGs and the wait time said unavailible... waited 10 minutes and logged off. I feel like our rotation will feel sorta empty, I mean we do only rend right when we get on a target, or when it falls off... but with an instant slam and HS becoming a bit useless, I feel like our rotation is just gonna be MS > OP > Slam.................... MS > OP > Slam. With a few stuns and CDs thrown in, and hamstring.

Soiran is on a distinguished road
    Indeed, Arms rotation is really boring and feels totally braindead for both PvE and PvP. Don't like what they have made with stances as well. Fury's rotation is a lot more fun than it is atm.

And yea I noticed that you couldn't make a equip 1h+shield+Shield Wall/Spell Reflect macro in the beta... I really hope that's a bug :P

Erebus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Soiran View Post
    yea I noticed that you couldn't make a equip 1h+shield+Shield Wall/Spell Reflect macro in the beta... I really hope that's a bug :P
    I think there are a few bugs with macros atm, can't produce a macro with arcane shot either =/

Monnic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Soiran View Post
    Indeed, Arms rotation is really boring and feels totally braindead for both PvE and PvP. Don't like what they have made with stances as well. Fury's rotation is a lot more fun than it is atm.

And yea I noticed that you couldn't make a equip 1h+shield+Shield Wall/Spell Reflect macro in the beta... I really hope that's a bug :P
    Got to do spell reflect as /cast !Spell Reflect and it will work. Stance change macros are really broken.

Kolbenito is an unknown quantity at this point
    I didn't get a chance to play with this, kind of staying away from the beta hoping to be more excited about it when MoP goes retail lol.

I'm sure you noticed that your stance bar does not change, at all, when you change stances. Probably why the macros with stance lines in them don't work.
    Last I played I actually had sufficient time and rage to CS -> MS/Slam/Slam/OP per MS CD or some variation of that. I didn't feel like I was ever waiting a full GCD for something to do. Add in the slows and other challenges of playing Warrior in PVP, I doubt you are going to be standing around waiting to press buttons.

Just peeked at MMO Champion, as you would expect looks like they are playing with the numbers/durations of things quite frequently. This will be my 3rd expansion, to be honest I don't expect to know how I like the changes until I'm in some PVP on live smashing faces and see how it all adds up. Same as the previous expacs.

It is interesting that you think it will be more like BC, I thought the same thing. Of course we aren't tanky in defensive stance with a shield anymore, no shield block, but we have better mobility cooldowns if you think about it. We also have more rage and I'm almost 100% that we do more damage. I'm just not sure about the skill cap aspect, I've come to believe that is determined as much by other classes as your own mechanics. Double Time might bring back fun things like focus charging casts. We are simple like were we in BC but that came at a price, beyond that all I can say is I hope it is fun.

Rend, I have always hated that damned ability if you want the truth. All it was good for in Classic and TBC was slapping on a Rogue you thought might vanish. Then the bright idea to put it in as a ramp-up to proc Overpower and then gutting Whirlwind for Arms to justify it. I will be happy to have it off my bars lol.
    Last edited by Kolbenito; 04-25-2012 at 04:49 AM.

IDK I hope MoP brings something different to the table. After 4 hours of playing on the TR yesterday I am totally bored of this game. Arena is just stale nowadays.