+ Reply to Thread

Ammazzo is on a distinguished road

Thick Hide over Fury Swipes, Primal Madness

I checked most top ferals specs and it has 2 in FS or PM or 1 in each. Why not put those 2 in Thick Hide it seems like a great defensive talent whereas the other options seem like a mediocre offensive talents. I guess I could understand with a healer not taking Thick hide but for Duels, WPVP, bgs, or Double DPS 2s would thick hide be worth taking? Thanks.
    Last edited by Ammazzo; 04-22-2012 at 03:54 PM.

nagoto is on a distinguished road
    Because thick hide isnt really that big of a pvp surviability increase. If you were rbg tanking or sitting in bear the whole time sure.. But it doesnt add to the whole "oh sh*t" aspect of bear. We take natureal raction due to the straight dmg reduct and extra rage for when we shift for frenzied. Armor also doesnt affect magic dmg.. =\ the points arw just better spent elsewhere.

Excuse and mistakes please. Posting on my phone!

Gigabite is on a distinguished road
    Thick hide does have its uses in Feral PvP but that use is very mediocre, and in my veiw Fury Swipes is terrible also. Try slap up a training dummie for 5million damage and look how much damage furyswipes did, i see it as terrible for 2points. Where as 2 points in PM is alot better IMO, or even into Perserverance.
    As he said, gives you more rage for your heal and for bear charge or kick etc. And 20extra energy in a nuke is pretty hefty, it esentially doubles with berserk as everything is half energy (20%more energy with 50% less energy cost)

Fanciful is on a distinguished road
    Mostly because feral survivability is so high relative to other classes to the point where we can safely use 3.5-4k resil in 3s. Natural Reaction is just so good to not pass up because it works against all damage and the reduction is so high for the points spent (and there's nothing else to put points in). Thick hide is great for PvE so that you cannot be crit as a tank, but in PvP the crit reduction isn't that hot since 6% crit reduction is actually less than (or at best equal to) 6% damage reduction against almost all classes. The armor is probably better than the crit for reduction but it's only good against non-bleed physical damage. Where several physical classes rely on magic damage or bleeds now (ferals, dks, rets, enh sham), it's only even noticeable against warrs, rogues, and hunters. Basically it's just not worth the points and it's better to go for offensive talents.
    Always looking to push rating in any bracket. PM is easiest contact.
    My Warrior's Armory
    Check out my Stream

Healy is on a distinguished road
    PM is a useless talent also, it is great to have the initial 20 extra energy but don't forget you lose that same 20 energy once the debuff wears off, so unless you manage to end the tf / berserk with 0 energy you basically got nothing and ended with nothing.
    That being said, i still chose PM because, of the 2 talents (PM and FS), in my opinion it is the least crap.
    I could definitely see those 2 points being well spent in perserverance if you are facing tonnes of caster comps but Thick hide as others have mentioned, is a virtually pointless talent.