+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Latiax is on a distinguished road

Duel: Frost Mage vs. Enhancement Shaman

Help! I got a LOT of help from the members here in my fire mage vs. rogue post, so I thought I'd ask for some help again.
    I have a friend who I have been playing with for a while who plays an enhancement shaman. We've dueled since we've played together, and in Wrath I was able to beat him with ease, and now he completely craps on me every single time. The fight generally goes like this :

I open with a juke frostbolt into a Freeze > DF > icelance (he shamanistic rages here). I continue to try to kite him until he gets a frost shock root > wolves onto me. At this point I try to go defensive, popping a ring > block > cold snap > ring to hold the wolves at bay for its 30s duration. During this time he gets the opportunity to heal himself back up, as well as pop 3 major CDs of mine in lieu of his wolves. By this time I try to juke another frostbolt and Evocate for a couple of ticks. But at this point, he can outdamage me with his full health bar and my lack of CDs. Any help? He claims he's been beaten by other mages, and that there's a definitive strategy against enh shamans, but I have been unable to figure it out. Thank you in advance!

Asset is an unknown quantity at this point
    Don't let him heal back up... what else will you use CS on?

I would use iceblock to get out of hex and prevent him from healing. Use trinket to break frost shock root (only if blink is down), save mirror images for wolves and kite his ass to death. Only hard cast if you have the distance and dont forget to juke... otherwise hard cast while he is in DF.

bkunzig is on a distinguished road
    Also, you should definitely have ArcaneBlast or FireBall bound somewhere so when one school is sheared you can immediately cast dps from another school and switch back. Arcane blast is at a 1.9 sec. cast time if you have almost no haste so right after casting 1 you should be ready to cast frostbolts again if they were originally sheared. I also see you don't mention throwing out a FrostFire-Orb...that is going to make up your main damage since you will be shatter lancing him to death.

Asset is an unknown quantity at this point
    Yeah, forgot to mention using Frostfire-Orb... that will proc a shit load of FoF. I wish it worked for instan-pyro's for fire. =)