+ Reply to Thread

giorgio is on a distinguished road

Boomkin vs. DK. Is it even possible?

Deathknights are by far the class I have the most trouble with in a 1v1 situation as boomkin. It seems that they just get too much damage off durring ams or one way or another, get me low and it's near impossible to get away and heal. I fancy my self a pretty good kiter and all. I try to utilize mushrooms and roots / clones to the best of my abilities but it seems like no matter what I do they always catch up to me one way or another...

Could anyone offer any insight as to how one would go about killing a DK as a boomkin?

Milga is on a distinguished road
    They will eventually catch up on you. We aren't mages that are untouchable. When dueling we have to use pretty much all of our skills in all forms to have somewhat chance against descent players, which gives us quite a high skill cap (which makes playing a boomkin so much fun).

Our biggest comes from solar eclipsed dots on the target and with a DPS trinket + starfall, so that's when we want to make sure the DK can't use his AMS.
    So try to get the AMS out of the DK before using starfall. When the DK does use AMS, pop into bearform and bash him. Try to kite him as much as possible and push for solar eclipse with starsurges and starfires. When he does connect to you, solar beam on top of him which prevent much of his damage. Also don't forget to use your thorns (also benefits from solar eclipse).

Lunarbomb
    It's a tough fight for sure , just remember you're a druid first and a balance spec second. Don't be afraid to go bear form for a good bash if he's not got ice bound up or ready (I know that's tough). Kite with kitty form rolling hots on yourself to get distance. It's very hard to cast anything against a good DK especially unholy so dots are your friend as well as heals. I basically just try and out last him by keeping dots and insta star surges. If you focus on casting a lot a good dk will shut you down. It's a very tough fight but I hope this helps you a bit at least. Boomkins are a lot harder to be good with considering how weak our survivability is.

giorgio is on a distinguished road
    thanks for the insight, really appreciate it

Lunarbomb
    I meant travel form kiting not kitty heh.

Endeavor is on a distinguished road
    Okay, this is a danm near impossible fight. How I have barely won against Dks usually looks like this.

Pounce ---> Clone
    Run and get Full LB's and a rejuve up. (He will start stacking necros slows Dots and hard cast times)
    ussually they like to pop AMS right after the clone and death grip you to then so you can root/beam them. GO BEAR FORM
    Bash him (good DKS WILL NOT TRINK BUT IB FORT THE STUN) (Barkskin is nice here to reduce damage)
    Hit Stampeding roar And start the LB stack again w/ rejuv ( SAVE ENRAGED REGEN FOR 2nd AMS)
    Gain some distance (about 4 yards against a DK lawlz) Use NG and get ready for the solar beam.
    now get full dots off and a hard cast w. star fall.
    Knock him back and place shrooms while running away.
    You should get Gripped again.
    Travel form LB and Blow up shrooms to keep him slowed.

Rinse and repeat!

Also if you still lose. You gave them one hell of a run. Most good DK's usually sit at <20% when they finnaly beat me.
    Last edited by Endeavor; 04-30-2012 at 01:18 AM.