+ Reply to Thread

Jenga is on a distinguished road

Dealing with dispel spam as RLS

Hey guys,

I am wondering how you all deal with dispel spamming healers (rsham mostly). I play RLS 3s and 5s with a Shadow Priest, when the enemy team opens their healer is usually max range and spamming dispel on my dots and cannot seem to generate any pressure to force the enemy dps to play defensive.

Is there a reliable way to make the dispel spammer pay for being silenced? usually once i see the UA silence debuff go out ill spread new dots (UA>BoA>Corr) but it seems as though they are removed just as quickly, very frustrating!!

I know my partners can put out pressure and force the enemy healer to choose, and that is generally how we score kills in 5s but in 3s as RLS my rogue cannot force a resto shaman to actually heal and they just continue to spam cleanse, combined with grounding totem i am wasting several global CDs doing 0 damage...

I have tried UA>Coil/Blanket>BoA>Corr>Soul Swap>Haunt but it is hard using CDs like coil and spell lock to just start presure rather than seal a kill.

Thanks for your input!

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    When we run into a dispel happy shaman, we typically like to time a howl on the dps as the healer gets UA silenced, then dot up the shaman with everything you've got. Have your rogue chain a Vanish garrote onto the shaman, into Kidney, and chain that with a coil. At this point, I will typically pop tricks for my lock to dot up the dps. The Shaman will be preoccupied with trying to top himself off (with the rogue still on him), while his dps are getting destroyed by amplified dots (if you have demon soul up, this really adds to the nastiness). The shaman will have to start casting at this point, which will open him up for a kick/spell lock. Make sure to not get faked! If the shaman does get a cast off on himself, switch to a dps (kidney should be back up) and you should have a good lead going.

Hope this helps!

Jenga is on a distinguished road
    Nice, thanks for the tip, it works a treat! people stop dispelling so much when they figure out you will jump on their face if they do.

5 6 7 8 9

Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Stay away from the action at the start of the game, so that you can get dots rolling. Let your partner go up into the other team, so that they start on him. This way, you can get UA out on 2-3 targets without having to waste a soul swap early on. If one of your UAs get dispelled, it is quite easy to reapply it. If you are playing against a team with a rogue, try to have your shaman hex the rogue off you early on. Drag the rogue far away from his healer so he isn't easily dispelled, get full dots on him, and then soul swap to his teammate when they are in range.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)