+ Reply to Thread

Erebus is on a distinguished road

Jungle vs. S-priest/Lock/shaman on Dalaran.

What do you do? As far as I can tell you can't win unless you have insane RNG with high crits and MD doesnt hit trap (which is the hardest thing in the universe to land), but what I really want to know is how to open? No matter what I try I can't reach the boxes without getting CC'd and DoT's on me which means when I jump down to try and start interupting shaman (trying to trap is almost a waist of globals imo) and go hard they just have so much more momentum. The priest and druid I play with are really good and our 2k mmr is my highest ever rating but I just have no idea what to do...trying to open and land CC on any wizard cleave on dalaran is really the only time we consecutively lose. So can someone please explain how to open on a caster cleave on dalaran as jungle when they stack making sure they all stand exactly opposite you at the boxes the whole match.

Many Thanks.
    Last edited by Erebus; 04-29-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Just wondering what is wrong with the question that it doesn't get a response?

JonSnow is on a distinguished road
    i am also nust about 2k mmr, but as far as my experience goes, in dalaran arena you can't win against, LSD 2.0, RLS, shadow play....
    every time we meet one of these combs i feel like throwing my computer out of the window....maybe it's just my limited skill on the hunter class, but that map is seriously retarded for hunter teams

Hellscreamqt is on a distinguished road
    I play thug and my team has the same problem. Our strat is to burst into the spriest with cc onto the shaman to get a trinket. After this their pressure forces us on D. At this point we end up pulled back to the tomb running in circles. As soon as we are topped off we swap the sham with a trap on the priest. This is our only real kill opportunity. UIn a perfect world the sham dies and they don't get to pussy foot back to the start zone. Hope that helps a bit.

Tosan will become famous soon enough
    There's not much you can do if they turtle behind the crates other than rely on instant cast CC (if you can't land freeze traps in this scenario, Ice traps are not a bad option as it will make it harder for them to LoS you when you're on the low-ground) on the healer while zerging one of the casters.

I find Spriests are generally easier to kill than Warlocks, so I'd say primary CC on the shaman while ramming the spriest should work if your communication is good.

I like to punish wizards who dogpile behind the crates by using Sporebat, AoE dust cloud that slows their cast speed, it's horribly painful for them and really punishes them for playing this way.

Sporebat + Ice Trap will hinder their entire team on the crates. You and your healer need to be in sync a bit and you will often have to jump down to the low ground to stay in LoS to shoot the target.

Scatter/Monkey Stun/Silencing Shot/Cyclone x2 is a LOT of instant CC and doesn't require freeze trap to be used at all, as long as you do the CC when you're getting good pressure rolling it should, at the very least, force tons of CD's the first round, and eventually land a kill doing these types of CC chains.

Sporebat + Ice Trap will make it much harder for them to operate while stacked up.
    My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/TosanTribe

Exactly what I was after ^^

Stotts is an unknown quantity at this point
    Hey, I dont know much about Hunters, but I not long ago watched a braindeadly video on youtube where he would cover traps with mark, so he would trap the healer, then the next global was a mark on them, so the MD took the mark off, not the trap. Not to sure if it would work 100% of the time, but i did notice alot MD would be right on the healer, and he would still be trapped.

Tosan, correct me if this is wrong please

Tosan will become famous soon enough
    Yes it's not 100% of the time, it's 50/50 chance so sometimes you can get lucky and it will MD the mark 1-2 times in a row, any more than that is stars aligning ;P

Against Spriests it's always good to cover traps, or even when you're say killing a Resto Shaman and trap his teammate, throwing a hunters mark on the trapped teammate would possibly force him to use 2 globals to dispel his teammate, and while he's being trained that could be devastating.
    My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/TosanTribe

Never thought of using mark to cover a trap on dps, i like it!