+ Reply to Thread

InfernoUk is on a distinguished road

Question About My Gear...

hey guys

So i have full pvp epics and 1 piece cataclysmic (get shoulders on Wednesday)

My question is, i dont have 5% hit or 20/20 expertise.

Where have i gone wrong / where can i fix this?

Here is my armoury link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dowxx/advanced

Thanks for any help

zimax is on a distinguished road
    reforge to hit and expertise on pieces that dont already have it.... you could also replace that completely garbage 50 haste enchant to gloves with 50 expertise.... uhh... yeah... reforging, thats why we have it...

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    At your current gear levels, it may be hard to achieve both the hit and expertise cap. I would personally focus on achieving hit cap, with a reasonable amount of crit (try to get a bit closer to 40%). Then I would reforge any gear for expertise to reduce the chance of casters to dodge your gouge/stun. Once you start getting more cataclysmic, you'll have an easier time hitting hit/exp cap.

I would try out www.wowreforge.com - you can import your character and choose targets for secondary stats and it will give you the optimal reforges automatically. This makes the process a lot easier. Maybe the optimizer will be able to get you to 20/20 exp and 600 hit.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I can help you out.

Rug

Edit: I ran the wowreforge to get you to hit/exp caps - reforge the following and you are all set:

Wrist: hit -> Exp
    Gloves: hit -> Crit
    Belt: remove reforge
    Crit Ring: Crit -> Exp
    MH dagger: Crit -> Exp
    OH dagger: Crit -> Exp
    Thrown: Crit -> Hit

Leave everything else unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugmouse View Post
    At your current gear levels, it may be hard to achieve both the hit and expertise cap. I would personally focus on achieving hit cap, with a reasonable amount of crit (try to get a bit closer to 40%). Then I would reforge any gear for expertise to reduce the chance of casters to dodge your gouge/stun. Once you start getting more cataclysmic, you'll have an easier time hitting hit/exp cap.

I would try out www.wowreforge.com - you can import your character and choose targets for secondary stats and it will give you the optimal reforges automatically. This makes the process a lot easier. Maybe the optimizer will be able to get you to 20/20 exp and 600 hit.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I can help you out.

Rug

Edit: I ran the wowreforge to get you to hit/exp caps - reforge the following and you are all set:

Wrist: hit -> Exp
    Gloves: hit -> Crit
    Belt: remove reforge
    Crit Ring: Crit -> Exp
    MH dagger: Crit -> Exp
    OH dagger: Crit -> Exp
    Thrown: Crit -> Hit

Leave everything else unchanged.
    thanks for the help i will make those changes.

How do i go about maintaining those stats and stacking crit up as you suggested?

again thanks for your time / help

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Once you start upgrading to higher item level gear, you won't have to reforge as much crit over to exp/hit. For example, when you purchase your cataclysmic shoulders, you'll have more expertise - so you can remove the reforge on your daggers (just an example…not sure if it works out perfectly). You'll still be expertise capped, but you'll have more crit.

It's rather tedious to do all of this by hand each and every time you upgrade an item. I personally just fire up wowreforge whenever I get a new piece of gear. I set the crit weight to something like 5000 and zero out all of the other stats (stat weight section). Then in the Cap #1,2,etc. section I set the optimizer to achieve "at least" 600 hit and "at least" 601 expertise. Click optimize and it will show you exactly which pieces you should reforge (the changes show up in red on the output sheet) to achieve both of your caps, along with maximizing your crit rating.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugmouse View Post
    Once you start upgrading to higher item level gear, you won't have to reforge as much crit over to exp/hit. For example, when you purchase your cataclysmic shoulders, you'll have more expertise - so you can remove the reforge on your daggers (just an example…not sure if it works out perfectly). You'll still be expertise capped, but you'll have more crit.

It's rather tedious to do all of this by hand each and every time you upgrade an item. I personally just fire up wowreforge whenever I get a new piece of gear. I set the crit weight to something like 5000 and zero out all of the other stats (stat weight section). Then in the Cap #1,2,etc. section I set the optimizer to achieve "at least" 600 hit and "at least" 601 expertise. Click optimize and it will show you exactly which pieces you should reforge (the changes show up in red on the output sheet) to achieve both of your caps, along with maximizing your crit rating.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the great help. I will get my shoulders tomorrow and work on levelling it all out again then.

zimax is on a distinguished road
    Alright bro, glad Rug and I could help. I would also recommend looking at your enchants BTW, if u want to armory me on Sargeras, that might give u a better idea of what your enchants/gems should look like.

Soul is on a distinguished road
    you could also replace your agi/staminagems with agi/hit. Not much but still bettter