+ Reply to Thread

RMPFTW is on a distinguished road

Balance Gems !!

First I want to say yes I have red Roiddy's article about balance spec, gems and reforge but. I looked him up and he uses pve trinket and wep. No wonder he uses 50 resi and 25+ int 25+ resi:P well
    Im full cata t2 geared boomkin and wondering what to go for :P I have no PvE trinkets. No PvE gear at all so my resi is like 5k around that. Should I just buy all out 50+ int and gem and dont care about socket bonus? or should I get more resi though imo it would be abit overkill maybe? Just trying to figure this shit out:P I will never use any pve gear either so just take it from full cata and t2 weps Thanks
    Should I gem 25+ int 25+ haste in yellow sockets or 25+ int 25+ resi or tell me?
    Last edited by RMPFTW; 05-02-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Fanciful is on a distinguished road
    Not sure why you are against PVE gear, but if you truly won't use it then this is what I think you should do:

If you are primarily doing 3s, use resil gems. Probably 50 res in yellow and 50int or 25 int/res in red. Depending on how it goes and what your comp is, you might be able to get away with no resil in your gems, but realistically you don't need the extra stats for damage.

If you are primarily doing 2s, 50 int in red and 25 int/haste in yellow.

If you are primarily doing 5s or RBGs, full 50 int or 25 int/haste for good socket bonuses.

I'm against PvE gear cause I hate people using PvE gear. Just because some have more acess to better PvE gear then others and that someone should do way more damage just cause he has two pve trinks and wep if human its just not pvp imo. Just the way I look at it

Fanciful is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by RMPFTW View Post
    I'm against PvE gear cause I hate people using PvE gear. Just because some have more acess to better PvE gear then others and that someone should do way more damage just cause he has two pve trinks and wep if human its just not pvp imo. Just the way I look at it
    Most people aren't happy about PVE gear, but at the same time it is there and some of it is BIS. Good for you to look at it that way though.

Let's put it this way. I just went with an LSD 2.0 team up to 2,2k to get my T2 and I had about 5k resi. I gemmed almost all sockets full 50+ intellect and we went 43 wins to 18 losses. Most losses where Ret, Rogue and Hunter and some against other cleaves. Now for 3s would you recommend this kind of gemming or rather: 50+ Int in red slots and yellow with 25+ int 25+resi? Cause I also do 5s and 2s and yes I saw what you wrote but wouldnt ^^^^^^^^ this be the best option then? Thanks Fanciful for answering and replying