+ Reply to Thread

linkk is on a distinguished road

Line of Sight problem. The target needs to be in front of you.

I am now leveling balance druid only on BGs. I stop xp, make all quests to gather perfect gear and then enable xp and go to bg to level up.

I have 18 level moonkin at the moment. I do not have much spells to kite melee enemy. I have Entangling Roots, but it's cast time is so long that I will be already with half of HP, when I will finish cast it.

That's why I fight with enemies face to face. And the problem is that many of them is dancing on me so fast that 80% of my spells are interrupted, because "the target needs to be in front of you" error (especially ferals). As a good example you can see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4SRlrWqr1I (00:15-00:27 as an example). This dance is so fast that you have not time to turn you character to right direction.

So my question is - how to deal with this. It's really sad, when enemies with half of my hp are killing me, because all my casts are interrupted.

May be there is some add on that hide name plate, when it is not in Line of sight?
    I didn't find any topics about it and I wonder how custers deal with it.

I appreciate your answers and help.

Why I need to be able face melee 1x1

50% of times my team doesn't go for flag. Often, even in the beginning they all go to center to farm hk or something. That means that I am forced to go for flag alone and often face melee enemy 1x1.
    I know that blizzard doesn't balance 1vs1 according to this post http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1920715801#18 however I am forced to be alone in situations when no one goes for flag or when everybody leave our flag on Arati. That's why I need to figure out how to face melee 1x1.

Neceh is on a distinguished road
    I havent heard of this problem, have you tried the ''Repair'' in the wow folder? Also there are a ton of movies on this site, so like, breaking down balance 1vs1 any melee is pretty situationel. It's impossible to explain in a topic :P Im feral but your question seemed pretty logic, best of luck with it

Arduous is on a distinguished road
    Seems to me your reactions are just too slow, or you may be keyboard turning which will again slow you down. Most melee with a brain WILL do that to you. Just work on using your mouse to turn more and slowly increase your reaction time to turn with them and also try to maintain distance on melee. As a druid, you can go kitty form and dash away, go travel form and run away, or later on when you're higher level you can use Stampeding Roar for the same effect.

As a caster you should NEVER stand toe-to-toe with a melee if you have any choice or way out.

A simple thing you could try until you increase your reactions is this:

1) Use Entangling Roots (if they are a good distance from you, if not, go travel form and get some distance THEN try roots again)
    2) Keep going travel form when they get close (You'll outrun ANYTHING other than another druid or rogue with sprint at low levels)
    3) Remember to use Nature's Grasp if they get close. (It automatically roots a target that hits you in melee up to 3 times before it wears off).
    Last edited by Arduous; 05-09-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Arduous, thank you for reply

I agree with you that my reactions are slow.

However i didn't invent this problem. I have found these thread about hard casting http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2301732709

As a quote from this thread I can paste:
    (However it was mentioned several times in this thread, not once)

"#3) No more using latency to your advantage
    I think this one has to be addressed, or no matter what, kiters and instant-cast spammers are going to have too big an advantage. A melee class running around you should grant no special advantage. This one is a little more tricky, though, since you don't want to remove facing and line of sight checks for very obvious reasons.

But as complex as it sounds, this is a really easy fix. For targets inside melee range, remove the facing check at spell cast completion.

You still have to face your target to start a cast. You still have to be in range at both start and end, and you still have the line-of-sight check at start and end. But if somebody is running through you and staying in melee range, you can still finish your cast on them. They have to use their actual interrupt spells if they want to stop it (or go out of melee range and get behind you - but if they're that far out, latency isn't really a problem, and it's easy to see where they are)."

P.S. Running through the filled spamming dots is boring. If no one goes for flag - I go. And this force me to face melee 1x1, because on this level I have not much things to kite. That's why I want to figure out how to finish my spells. What I found is that if you turn camera so that you look at you character from above it's much easier to quickly figure out to what direction you must turn.