+ Reply to Thread

Lapse is on a distinguished road

Hemo spec Vs Backstab Spec

I just got back to the game and am a fairly experienced player. Played through all of BC and most of wrath, but hardly any in cata. So i was watching Tosan's talent guid video and he went through both the specs, hemo and backstab. But I am still unsure as to WHY I should go one over the other, and which is generally better. My gear isnt all that great as of now, I am working on my BG gear, but i do have the first set of daggers from the legendary quest. Here is a link to my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A8/advanced. If someone could highlight the major differences between these two builds and share what they believe would be a better spec for my gear, it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

jonadefty is an unknown quantity at this point
    Check out the frequently asked rogue questions sticky by rugmouse here in the rogue forums. The post covers the two specs and the pro's/cons and it's got plenty more info in so check it out.

zimax is on a distinguished road
    I dont mean to insult, but this thread is made every single week, just look at the FAQ or probably the bottom of this page or top of the next one.

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by jonadefty View Post
    Check out the frequently asked rogue questions sticky by rugmouse here in the rogue forums. The post covers the two specs and the pro's/cons and it's got plenty more info in so check it out.
    I just wanted to also mention that I regularly monitor the sticky and make updates pretty consistently. =D

Obviously, if you have additional questions after reading the sticky, do not hesitate to ask. I'm sure the rogue community would be more than happy to help you out. You can also reach out to me in a PM if you'd like.

Rug

labien is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapse View Post
    I just got back to the game and am a fairly experienced player. Played through all of BC and most of wrath, but hardly any in cata. So i was watching Tosan's talent guid video and he went through both the specs, hemo and backstab. But I am still unsure as to WHY I should go one over the other, and which is generally better. My gear isnt all that great as of now, I am working on my BG gear, but i do have the first set of daggers from the legendary quest. Here is a link to my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A8/advanced. If someone could highlight the major differences between these two builds and share what they believe would be a better spec for my gear, it would be very helpful.

Thanks.
    Tosan goes into depth in one of his videos about hemo spam and back stab. I personally like hemo spam because of the combo point procs and the extra survivability. Also its easier to manage your energy. Tosan's video is about gems or glyphs or something. You can find it pretty easily. But hoped I helped

Ilnezhara is on a distinguished road
    Hemo spec does a crap load less damage than backstab WHEN IT COUNTS (i.e. burst). Hemo's damage is almost inconceivably low outside of dance even with a really good PvE weap (403 No'Kaled element of Death). I might try it again when I get 416 No'Kaled but *shrug*.

You should get used to using backstab, its damage is a buttload better and, with energy pooling, it makes burst OUTSIDE of dance a feasible thing.

If you're deadset on playing Hemo, like the above posters said, there's a sticky for that but in my personal exp (2.2k arena, 2k RBGs, 110k HKs), which isn't a gladiator's, Hemo is god awful.

Talekon is on a distinguished road
    Not to hijack the thread, but what would you recommend for ret/hunter/rogue? Hemo for the survivability (no healer) or Backstab for more burst?

zimax is on a distinguished road
    Im currently on the highest ret/rogue/hunter in the US servers by a significant margin and hemo all the way. Backstab worked okay, but when the other team saw no imp recup i got globaled every match against a team who noticed it, since i went hemo and we rerolled the team weve gone 60-9 with me never dieing and 4 losses to disconnects or other problems.

Talekon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by zimax View Post
    Im currently on the highest ret/rogue/hunter in the US servers by a significant margin and hemo all the way. Backstab worked okay, but when the other team saw no imp recup i got globaled every match against a team who noticed it, since i went hemo and we rerolled the team weve gone 60-9 with me never dieing and 4 losses to disconnects or other problems.
    Thanks!

Danzir is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by zimax View Post
    wow nice. Do you have any advice for a Ret/DK/rogue comp? Do you still feel hemo would work better or BS?