+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 Last

lulzboat is on a distinguished road

Your toughts on rogues in MOP

I was wondering what you guys thought about the rogue changes in Mist?
    As you know we now have to choose between prep and shadowstep, it really scares the shit out of me cause those are now 2key abilities we could not live without Imo.

Do other classes also loose key abilities?
    What do you think about the new poisons introduced?
    Will we still be the bursty class we are for years now?

And most of all will you keep playing rogue as your main character?

Cheers

mattchavie is on a distinguished road
    I think it will be fine, everyone played without step for a long time and as a r1 rogue said (can't remember which) 'the longer games go the less important prep becomes'. I don't think step is a key ability, sure it's great but it isn't needed, rogues are still about control and burst. I won't comment on damage and such because dmg numbers are always up in the air. I'm not going to main a rogue any longer however, I'll be going to school so it'll be war/dk only.

Erebus is on a distinguished road
    I think rogues are going to hate hunters (even more) come MoP

Talekon is on a distinguished road
    I think the Sang Vein change sucks big time (for those who don't know, it means we only get the 25% damage bonus from garrote and rupture bleeds). This, along with the loss of the ambush and backstab crit talents, really sucks. Shadow dance is looking to be pretty weak.

However, I know how I'm getting around the 25% damage bonus in my openers at least. Take the Subterfuge talent, and open with cheap shot AND garrote. That will supply the bleed until we can get rupture up.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the watching-paint-dry tier that is our level 90 talents..

EDIT: That said, I think rogues will be good enough once we get past these little obstacles.
    Last edited by Talekon; 06-15-2012 at 05:51 PM.

jonadefty is an unknown quantity at this point
    Been toying around with rogues on the beta recently so i'll add my own input here.

First of all, other classes don't seem to lose other abilities as they have them in talents, but the opportunity cost of choosing something is pretty great for just about every class. I personally dont mind the step/prep choice and will certainly switch my talents often, I think being able to step defensively (yes you can step to your partners if you hadn't already heard) and the removal of smoke bomb and kick from prep evens out the choice.

The poison system is quite interesting, I messed around with a mut spec using deadly poison and leeching poison as well as taking the deadly brew talent and I felt pretty strong with that. As sub I played wound/crip and I took the talent dirty tricks (I think thats the name?) and a 0 energy cost gouge that doesnt break from bleeds/poisons feels amazing.

I would assume we will still be a bursty class, mutilate is very sustained from what I've seen but sub functions the same by revolving around the shadow dance ability.

I am certainly going to main my rogue still in MOP, we look very interesting and have the potential to be a very fun and strong class again.

Something I want to add though is how strong burst of speed actually is. Originally, burst of speed didn't look too tempting to me opposed to prep and shs and my intention was to play with it and shadowfocus to make a very mobile stealth spec for RBG's to cap nodes and rush flag carriers. Unfortunately, burst of speed does break stealth so this isn't possible, but I took some time to test burst of speed and I must say I'm extremely impressed. I feel ridiculously mobile playing with it and I would recommend you all try it out before completely neglecting playing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talekon View Post

Oh, and don't even get me started on the watching-paint-dry tier that is our level 90 talents..
    Although our lvl 90 talents lack the flair and appealing designs of other classes, I'm very very pleased with the talent removing the CD on redirect. I feel that talent opens up so much opportunity for inventive play and allows you to be very innovative with your kidney shot every 20 seconds.

TOmjashroom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    My priest has become my main since they're making rogues way more boring in mop. Apart from the beginning of this xpack when everyone was playing mutilate there hasn't been a time in like what the whole history of arena where a non prep spec was more viable than a prep spec and prep includes clos now so I think it will be the best and just a return to boring mutilate bashing or spastic unreasonable rotations for sub like in wrath. Which honestly pisses me off considering blizzard did a resonable job (relative to blizzard) of making sub viable and smooth playstyle. I love how warriors and dks get to keep their gap closers but rogues dont lets let the bruisers have massive sticking potential but yeah fuck op rogues. I wouldn't be suprised if secretly blizzard is thinking of ways to bring back gameplay to globalling us when our cds are down.

On tho other hand they're making arms rotations have less requirements (those pricks don't even have to keep rend up anymore) yet how much crap are we going to have to keep up the moment we get trained recoupe, SnD, Rupture, Kidney shots. No thanks I have played 400 days on my rogue absolutely no way am I going back to wotlk without even having a team mate who can dispel more than once every 4 seconds.

Phronk is on a distinguished road

Ehhh...

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about rogues in MoP yet. I'm too lazy to download and play the beta. :P

The fact that rogues have to CHOOSE either Preparation or Shadowstep is pretty... changing. Something that would take a bit for me to adapt to. Shadowstep is such a fun convenient ability, but on the other hand, Preparation seems like it could be possibly more essential in arenas.

To be completely honest, I'm planning on abandoning my rogue in MoP and focus on my BM hunter instead. I'll ease my way back into rogues after the game gets patched up and all that.

Arduous is on a distinguished road
    This stuff is why I have 5 85s atm and 2 more on the way, to be able to play whatever and see what feels better. Rogues admittedly are looking sketchy, I really hope they aren't driven into the dirt.

YumzYumz is on a distinguished road
    Im in the same boat as arduous right now im trying to figure out Whos in a better place Feral druids o r UH Dk.Anyone got any insight even tho this maybe the wrong thread for this?

Psyched is on a distinguished road
    I just think rogues are going to be more focused on control, utility and being a support class rather then how they are now (control and burst) . This is just what i think from reading up on a few things, but later patches may change things rapidly and also nothing is set in stone yet