+ Reply to Thread

kelminak

Double Healer/Death Knight

Hello,

I was wondering how viable this comp is. I know that it isn't as popular as TSG, PHD, and Shadowcleave but I have seen some teams running it up to Gladiator levels such as this team. So how difficult would this be to run? I imagine with the awesome amount of peels that a Death Knight can provide along with gripping a healer out in the middle + chains for lots of Mana Burns it could provide a lot of positional advantages. From what I've read you supposedly play very defensively in comparison to a Double Healer/Warrior and just wait out the other team's mana?

Do the Gladiator's have an opinion on this comp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligerentz
    you have to be kidding. my positioning is horrible. I play like rambo..

Lafu is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: Double Healer/Death Knight

I ran double healer Frost back in s6 to top 10 on Rampage when it was arguable the best BG, so I've got some experience with the comp. The only reason I felt that it was viable then was because Frost could put out insane burst coupled with Hungering Cold which could be followed by a Hoj/fear for incredible cc chains. Fast forward to now. Frost isn't viable at all before disease cleansing, and after it becomes a complete joke. Unholy is really the only viable spec. You'll come across teams with double dispel, i.e. shaman/paladin, priest/paladin, priest/shaman, etc. As a single DPS, these teams can simply spam their dispel, or in priest and shaman cases, cast disease cleanse or drop cleansing totem and essentially do nothing while your core mechanics get destroyed. Without another DPS on your team these teams can focus exclusively on cleansing everything you do and essentially shutting your damage and utility down before it happens. If you had a partner the damage would make it so they couldn't focus on this so much, which is why high damaging single target partners are so synergetic with DK's right now. This comp might become a bit more viable when the Unholy Blight buff goes through, but in general it's not going to be the best comp you could choose to run when compared to the "cookie cutter" comps (PHD/TSG), although you could probably make it work to some extent if you worked hard at it.

I'd suggest running with healers with a ton of CC though, like a Priest and Druid, otherwise I can't see you ever killing anything until UB change comes through.
    Contact Information for private lessons
    Xfire- lafu
    Skype- lafuqt
    AIM- loboniga

hola

I actually play this and it can be fun but at times very frustrating. Your hardest matchups are any melee cleave teams or anything with two physical damage players. Spell cleaves and PMR's are generally very easy to beat despite how good they are. I believe I'm only a 2200-2400 calibur player and we've facedrolled PMRs and Spell Cleaves and Shatterplays that are much higher than us.

DK burst + Priest burst is most definitely more than enough to actually kill something with great chain combos.

Matches can go, very long. Especially against any double healer warrior team, but I feel we have the advantage against them.

On the Ruin battlegroup, I believe I've seen Fearful and Marthy both running the comp (priest + Pally) at a 2600-2700 rating. Could probably ask them.

Would love to see Double Healer DK videos from Jigs though.

Jigslol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by hola

Would love to see Double Healer DK videos from Jigs though.
    i don't have plans for a big fancy double healer DK movie, but I can definitely play it on my 2nd DK and get some fraps up here

I may put out a public released shadow cleave video later this season