+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Urykah is on a distinguished road
    Rugmouse thank you for giving your opinion, and honestly I couldn't agree more at the moment.
    Silent, Recup was amazing when we could get energy from it. However, atm I see no reason why you shouldn't have recup up. With Glyph of Feint & Feint only costing 20 energy. The damage reduction potential we have seems pretty awesome. I mean you add 30% dmg reduction from Feint + 4k heals going while you control/pressure players. It all seems to add up, but that's only my opinion.

Looking forward to videos from rogue contributors with the change in talents etc <(^.^<)

adamkobi is on a distinguished road
    Well, i see what you all are saying and im sure most of you are more experienced then me but after a whole day of testing every combination i could think of that would work i can honestly say that the only specialization that managed to do some dmg was Assassin, it's true we lack versatility but everything else is just humiliating, i've been ganked by many people today and i really do feel that we lack so much... also i've been really strugling against most casters.

I would really appreciate some more advice on how to spec and why, also a few tips concerning our new "rotations" in an ideal situation cause frankly i just die way too fast against most casters...

thanks for all the good advice you give us and waiting to see some new movies with the new stuff..

Demyx is on a distinguished road
    doing less then 1.7k-3.5k hemo/BS on a full pvp geared players...only dmg you get to dish out is during dance spamming ambush and that still doesn't crit as high as everyone else atm..rather pathetic numbers coming out. iIm losing to back peddling hunters who pretty much just sends their pet in and watch your face get rip of..losing to spriest, ele shamans, warrs..lets not even go into mages lol.

Akashic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by silentscream View Post
    huh? i think i shouldve specified 'rogues', but thought unnecessary since i was in the rogues forum. how do other rogues feel about their class atm?
    You said you saw other OP classes so I commented on that.

I am still getting the hang of my rogue, seems the only problem for me is getting used to not having prep

kleo is on a distinguished road
    I have found it to be pretty good at the mo. Just got to time your burst and cc the rest of the time. The 3 secs of stealth thing is too good. i aint anthing great at rogue but i like preying on nubs

Mykeene is on a distinguished road
    To be honest I wouldn't be so worried about damage before you hit level 90 in a months time. It seems like damage is what Blizzard has the easiest time balancing, and it's usually something they fix relatively quickly - especially early in a season or expansion.

Mobility however is another issue, and in my opinion a more "real" concern.

I ran some bgs and duelled a bit as subtlety (with BoS) yesterday (burst damage was good - and I like that the finishers are the "big crits" btw). In the beginning I had a really hard time getting used to not having shadow step. You don't notice how awesome it feels to just step to a mage after a blink or step-kick a healer until you don't have the ability to do it anymore :P

Burst of speed is nice. No doubt it is good - especially with 8 sec cd on dispels (stupid change imo - but lets see how it plays out). However using burst of speed as a gap closer against a mage is almost useless. You use a bit of energy on keeping feint up to reduce dmg. Then you get rooted -> burst of speed to free yourself -> cone of cold and you're kited again -> burst of speed again -> you get to the mage but without energy -> get 1 maybe 2 combo builders on him before he blinks away and you're back to trying to burst of speed your way to him.

I'm fine with loosing prep although it's annoying at times.

But in my opinion Burst of Speed with the energy cost it has now can't go under the category "gap closer". I think BoS should either have a way lower energy cost since it doesn't "freedom" you - it only breaks roots/snares and immunes you to that specific snare for 4 sec. Or they should make burst of speed baseline and keep the high energy cost. If you could break a root and shadow step to your target the 60 energy would be worth it. But the current choice between getting kited to death or using burst of speed to get in melee range just to tickle them with your daggers because you don't have the energy to actually hit them is stupid.
    Last edited by Mykeene; 08-30-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Ryez is on a distinguished road
    I dont think we are in a bad state at the moment, Instead of keeping Recupe and Slice up, i keep Rupture and Slice up and got a talent point in the Leeching poison With this i can get enough combo points to get a nice eviscrate on the enemy what still do alot of damage, without wasting points on recuperate because of the healing poison so i think the damage is OK.

About surviveability i think were doing not so great, as rugmouse said we have to choose between Prep/Shadowstep/Burst of speed, I choose for shadowstep atm but i'm thinking of changing it to burst of speed because i cant use the shiv poison with the healing poison and i think 2x sprint (Yes, burst of speed and sprint) fits way better with my talents.
    I also got the talents Nerve strike And prey of the Weak. That means; I do alot of damage, I can heal enough from the damage and with the stuns i do even more damage, and take less damage. so overall i think if you find the right built that fits you and you get used to it, that Rogues arent in that bad state as everyone says now.

silentscream is an unknown quantity at this point
    heres the bottom line. we're not as bad as expected. we're SUPPOSED to do our big burst during dance.
    outside of that its not even that bad, still geting 12k backstabs, 30k+ evisc. whats HAPPENING is that this is separating rogues who are :
    a)used to setting up kills and finding windows which to do their big burst in
    from
    b) rogues who just say 'herp hemo spam got imp recup up waiting for wingz and vial to proc npz'

bleedsout is on a distinguished road
    I don't think we got nerfed, but I do think we're unplayable right now. Every bg i go into my actions break stealth. Distract, burst of speed, if a dot ticks. It kills me when im about to set up on some one and im just standing there out of stealth.

silentscream is an unknown quantity at this point
    theyll fix that. i personally havent had that issue, but have heard from several otheres to be the case.