+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

excessium is on a distinguished road
    Glad to see that this issue is being addressed. 6 vids and 0 articles in 2 weeks isn't good at all.

Faxica is on a distinguished road
    Hello,

I have joined skill-capped about 3 months ago, hoping to get head ups in MoP.
    I dont wanna rush anyone, complain or whine. Its just bit of disappointment not to see any guides or constructive threads at class forums, that would be leaded by contributors.

Maybe u could do some cleaning first, put old Cata s11 guides into archive, start working on new ones.

Ill stick up for next months with skill-capped, I have earned lots of +skill for Cata content, but for MoP nothing yet from here.

Regards,
    Faxica

Fluxa is on a distinguished road
    Hey,

Same for me. I joined skill capped cause I was hoping for a site, clearly superior to others and with a head start for MoP. The amount of videos and articles coming in right now is really really low. In addition, I play an enh shaman, which doesnt make it better regarding information. Skill capped advertises itself as "our instructional videos cover EVERYTHING" and "videos for EVERY PVP scenario". Tbh Im not seeing that at all right now . I feel kind of tricked. I am really hoping to see a change in the near future.

Antagonise is on a distinguished road
    These posts whilst they hold some relevance sadden me at the same time.
    So here is my challenge find a multi seasonal gladiator of the class and spec you want to play, ask him to "teach you" how to play with instructional vids etc.
    Rules. They must be able to speak and write english coherently.
    Must have at least 1 season being rank 1 and multiple gladiator seasons.
    Must be willing to make vids and guides with instructional voice overs.

Now you have some scope.
    I say you should wait for the content it will come.

Ayra is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzorss View Post
    I signed up in the hopes of new content for warriors I just returned for MoP and find everything changed and am having issues adapting to it was hoping for basics guides to assist in this.
    Hey mate i will be looking to be putting up alot more warrior content soon.
    It is just that i am on a average server and grabbing partners can be hard even for people with high arena experience if you are not on the pvp hub servers.

Though i should be putting out 2-3 videos this week covering warrior comps and maybe even some BG/Duel videos if people would like to see them.

Once again sorry for the wait on warrior content it is coming !

Qually is on a distinguished road
    Zanso said hes bringing out a warrior gemming/reforge ect guide very shortly

Kymosabe is on a distinguished road
    Seriously... Should i even bother staying subscribed, or are you guys going to deliver what you actually advertise?

wranor is an unknown quantity at this point
    I've been a member for awhile, off and on depending if I play.

Anyway, I don't agree with using Videos to discuss specs, talents, glyphs, or anything like that. These should be in articles that are updated as needed as things change. I don't understand why a contributor would spend a lot of time making a video, which costs SC a lot of bandwidth, for an article about these things that will inevitably change in an upcoming patch.

Some of the forums I know have stickied FAQ's, threads, or similar, which are along the right lines. Spending the time necessary to do a video seems quite inefficient to me, and if contributors would put together some type of comprehensive guides, or even sections at a time, things would come out quicker, and appease the subscribers some. If a contributor changes their mind on something, they go in and edit the article, and state why. Each spec should have some type of guide that is updated periodically in this manner. I'm not talking some generic stuff I've seen on some other sites, but something with some weight behind it.

From a user perspective, if I want to go back and re-read something about a class, it's a big pain to have to scrub through a video to see a contributor's thoughts on a talent or stat, when it could be something easily scanned or linked to in an article.

Videos are great for gameplay and learning, but for plain release of data about classes, I think it's the wrong path.