+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    249
    Rep Power
    9
    Rekra is on a distinguished road
    i appreciate the effort that went into writing all that

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Power
    17
    Hovah will become famous soon enough
    A wealth of great information here. Only question I have is why the pick of Unbound will over blood fear? In essence I understand but Blood Fear is so absolutely amazing right now, especially with the incoming nerfs to shamans, there will more than likely be less tremors to counteract it.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    12
    Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovah View Post
    A wealth of great information here. Only question I have is why the pick of Unbound will over blood fear? In essence I understand but Blood Fear is so absolutely amazing right now, especially with the incoming nerfs to shamans, there will more than likely be less tremors to counteract it.
    I chose Unbound Will just because of the extra PvP Trinket, with a 1 minute cooldown I might add. With all the CC in the game at the moment, the extra PvP Trinket is really handy.

    Blood Fear is powerful, but regular Fear allows you to recast it straight after your first cast to Fear them a second time if they trinket, leaving no gap in CC. With Blood Fear's 10 second cooldown, you can't. I understand that Fear can be interrupted, but if you know how to fake cast you will handle most situations well.

    Blood Fear is probably more suited for people who have just picked up Warlock, or the game in general.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Power
    17
    Hovah will become famous soon enough
    Ok, I totally agree in theory about spammable fears, as I hate the amount of instant cast unavoidable cc there is in the game. The only reason I ask is that many of the best locks in the world have taken it, even in the recent tournament Where Snutz finally won. I am in no way trying to convince or argue your point as lesser, just trying to see which would be better as locks I've seen in stream, even Azaels video here on skillcapped suggests the use of Blood Fear. Coming into the expansion I was banking on Unbound Will being the better choice as well, but just from what I've seen I assumed I was wrong. I must reiterate as well, this is an amazing guide, very well organized and explained, thanks for it.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    [H] - Illidan US
    Posts
    1,095
    Rep Power
    16
    Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Excellent guide here, Lightbull. You have really been making a splash here on the forums. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thank you for your hard work!

    I've recently been collaborating with Azael on a Demonology Gearing guide (much like some of the other guides I've been working on lately) that should compliment this write-up quite nicely. Between these two guides, Demo Warlocks should be equipped with some amazing content to get them started! In terms of a release on the gearing guide - I have a draft ready, but I really want to get some concerns I had ironed out by Azael prior to going final with it. It should be soon, though!

    Again, thanks a ton for your help...I know first hand just how long something like this would take! =D

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    7
    PatmanWoW is on a distinguished road
    Hey man nice job with the guide for Demo locks it must have taken a while and I definitely think you deserve a lot of respect for doing this.

    One thing that might be handy for newcomers would be the macros attached to the GoServ so that players can get the full effect out of them. I would post this but I haven't quite worked them out myself, but once again great guide and thanks for the effort you put into this.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    12
    Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugmouse View Post
    Excellent guide here, Lightbull. You have really been making a splash here on the forums. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thank you for your hard work!

    I've recently been collaborating with Azael on a Demonology Gearing guide (much like some of the other guides I've been working on lately) that should compliment this write-up quite nicely. Between these two guides, Demo Warlocks should be equipped with some amazing content to get them started! In terms of a release on the gearing guide - I have a draft ready, but I really want to get some concerns I had ironed out by Azael prior to going final with it. It should be soon, though!

    Again, thanks a ton for your help...I know first hand just how long something like this would take! =D
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes, it took a while to make, and even now there are still a couple holes I need to fill. I could add a link to you and Azael's gearing guide once it's finished if you will allow it.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    12
    Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PatmanWoW View Post
    Hey man nice job with the guide for Demo locks it must have taken a while and I definitely think you deserve a lot of respect for doing this.

    One thing that might be handy for newcomers would be the macros attached to the GoServ so that players can get the full effect out of them. I would post this but I haven't quite worked them out myself, but once again great guide and thanks for the effort you put into this.
    A macro would be nice, but myself I just bind each GoServ pet to different key binds (Felhunter on ctrl+2, Succubus on ctrl+3, etc). I should add a macro section to this guide, but I hardly use any macros aside from Dark Soul + DPS Trinket. I'll see what I can do though, and I will add your GoServ macros if I finish it.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    [H] - Illidan US
    Posts
    1,095
    Rep Power
    16
    Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes, it took a while to make, and even now there are still a couple holes I need to fill. I could add a link to you and Azael's gearing guide once it's finished if you will allow it.
    By all means...link away - the guide is now live =D

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0
    Necroxis is on a distinguished road
    Nice guide bro, although it kind of seems it's a little better for RBG's, some options in glyph's & talents seem allot better for RBG's, i wouldn't take glyph of demon haunting for arenas since it drains your demonic fury.

    But still very good guide.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts