+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    12
    Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Nice guide bro, although it kind of seems it's a little better for RBG's, some options in glyph's & talents seem allot better for RBG's, i wouldn't take glyph of demon haunting for arenas since it drains your demonic fury.

    But still very good guide.
    I have Glyph of Healthstone mentioned as an alternative.

    The reason I'm using a lot of RBG information is because someone called me out on my Ret Paladin guide on Wowhead saying that it should have more RBG footage to really call it a PvP guide. I felt a bit guilty. :P I mainly do arenas, and there's plenty of info for that.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    10
    YumzYumz is on a distinguished road
    How do you think Demolock/Rdruid 2s would work out?

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    12
    Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by YumzYumz View Post
    How do you think Demolock/Rdruid 2s would work out?
    Demonology Warlocks easily have enough bust damage to solo kill someone, and since they take a lot of time to build up the burst, Resto Druid is a really good choice.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0
    Protean is on a distinguished road
    Really awesome guide dude! Comprehensive if I ever saw one.

    I'm about to venture out and level my old warlock to 90 to try demo. Even after the 33% nerf to chaoswave.

    For someone who hasn't played demo in like 500 years, would it be possible for you to add a short list of all the spells you believe belong on someones bars in pvp? A sort of checklist of the crucual stuff, followed by a list of optional stuff and finally the list of stuff that has no place in pvp, basically pve stuff/stuff that can't be used?

    I believe a list like that would really help those who are starting from scratch and close the gap between 0 relevant experience and where your guide seems to start
    Last edited by Protean; 12-04-2012 at 04:49 PM.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    10
    bahzob is on a distinguished road
    Stunning guide. Thanks very much, just about to start leveling up my lock and thought it would be fun to try demo. Was looking for some help and the combination of this guide plus those from Rugmouse and Azael pretty much give all the info needed.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    10
    bahzob is on a distinguished road
    Just a quick question. Hand of Guldan has 2 charges which share a cd with Chaos Wave. So is it best to avoid using it if you are close to wanting too burst?

    If so is there a rough rule of thumb about when its safe to always use it (given a typical rate of demonic fury generation), say something like cast freely below 400 but use with caution above?

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Lemonsquare is on a distinguished road

    wait...

    Doom ticks for roughly 50k at max gear vs max gear. lining that up with even mini-burst is a huge benefit, as well as generating an imp. counting that out, especially on its 1 minute duration, is kind of short sighted.

    Watching Nadagastt's stream post-nerf showed it doing the majority of his damage against teams that did not/could not dispel.

    Gemming straight pvp power, especially ignoring socket bonuses for pvp resilience is also a mistake. Anyone looking for gearing/gemming need to armory higher rated players and consider their choices, and the needs of their own gear (if you're dying a lot, consider resilience).


    I really appreciate the effort you put into this guide, and others, but I fear that the community will suffer if this guide is allowed to be a baseline for the specc. It seems you've either not really tested anything other than your personal choices with an open mind, or you are playing at a level below the true meta-game.

    not trying to disrespect you or troll at all. I really appreciate the effort.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    12
    Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on SkillCapped as often as I had hoped. I will answer everyone's questions shortly.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    12
    Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Really awesome guide dude! Comprehensive if I ever saw one.

    I'm about to venture out and level my old warlock to 90 to try demo. Even after the 33% nerf to chaoswave.

    For someone who hasn't played demo in like 500 years, would it be possible for you to add a short list of all the spells you believe belong on someones bars in pvp? A sort of checklist of the crucual stuff, followed by a list of optional stuff and finally the list of stuff that has no place in pvp, basically pve stuff/stuff that can't be used?

    I believe a list like that would really help those who are starting from scratch and close the gap between 0 relevant experience and where your guide seems to start
    I'll try adding that soon, good idea.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    12
    Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bahzob View Post
    Just a quick question. Hand of Guldan has 2 charges which share a cd with Chaos Wave. So is it best to avoid using it if you are close to wanting too burst?

    If so is there a rough rule of thumb about when its safe to always use it (given a typical rate of demonic fury generation), say something like cast freely below 400 but use with caution above?
    It's hard to tell really. Depends on whether or not you have your Imp Swarm up, and whether you will cast Metamorphosis at full Demonic Fury or even earlier.

    There's no real answer to this, but I normally just use a single Hand of Gul'dan charge at a time, since the DoT does the same amount of damage/Fury generation whether or not you have 1 or 2 stacks active. Only the slow changes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts