+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 2 3 4

Lightbull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonsquare View Post
    Doom ticks for roughly 50k at max gear vs max gear. lining that up with even mini-burst is a huge benefit, as well as generating an imp. counting that out, especially on its 1 minute duration, is kind of short sighted.

Watching Nadagastt's stream post-nerf showed it doing the majority of his damage against teams that did not/could not dispel.

Gemming straight pvp power, especially ignoring socket bonuses for pvp resilience is also a mistake. Anyone looking for gearing/gemming need to armory higher rated players and consider their choices, and the needs of their own gear (if you're dying a lot, consider resilience).

I really appreciate the effort you put into this guide, and others, but I fear that the community will suffer if this guide is allowed to be a baseline for the specc. It seems you've either not really tested anything other than your personal choices with an open mind, or you are playing at a level below the true meta-game.

not trying to disrespect you or troll at all. I really appreciate the effort.
    Doom being dispellable isn't the only reason I don't use it. It ticks only 4 times while it is active, and that's once every 15 seconds. When fully geared, it normally ticks for about 25k, which isn't very much whether or not it crits.

Also I never posted that you had to gem full PvP Power. I linked Rugmouse and Azeal's gearing guide in the External Links because mine isn't based on gearing alone.

Arynesse is on a distinguished road
    Do you use life tap in arenas?
    It seems like im oom after 1 minute of the fight. (i dont cast my dmg spells^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Arynesse View Post
    Do you use life tap in arenas?
    It seems like im oom after 1 minute of the fight. (i dont cast my dmg spells^^)
    I use it, but only when I know it's safe, e.g. when your not currently being trained. If you're running with a healer, he/she could top you up after you Life Tap. If you don't run with a healer, it can be a bit tough unless you haven't used your own self heals.

Syntheticz is on a distinguished road
    Should I burst with the imps or use them to generate demonic fury?
    Skinnybae| Frostmourne Alliance
    2K rated Mistweaver Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntheticz View Post
    Should I burst with the imps or use them to generate demonic fury?
    A lot of Demo Warlocks including myself use Imp Swarm to generate Demonic Fury, and even activate Dark Soul in some occasions to get a lot of pressure rolling. Since Chaos Wave has a lower cost now (along with the 33% damage nerf I know) you can activate Metamorphosis early on just to launch 2 Chaos Waves and then turn it off to keep generating Fury as the Imps will still be alive.

Metamorphosis burst alone is normally enough to down an enemy, but if you can't down a certain class it might be better to burst with Imps instead of generating Fury with them.

Syntheticz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    A lot of Demo Warlocks including myself use Imp Swarm to generate Demonic Fury, and even activate Dark Soul in some occasions to get a lot of pressure rolling. Since Chaos Wave has a lower cost now (along with the 33% damage nerf I know) you can activate Metamorphosis early on just to launch 2 Chaos Waves and then turn it off to keep generating Fury as the Imps will still be alive.

Metamorphosis burst alone is normally enough to down an enemy, but if you can't down a certain class it might be better to burst with Imps instead of generating Fury with them.
    Thanks! I'm also finding my self being OOM easily with Demo. Maybe because I'm only level 85 and still leveling?
    Skinnybae| Frostmourne Alliance
    2K rated Mistweaver Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntheticz View Post
    Thanks! I'm also finding my self being OOM easily with Demo. Maybe because I'm only level 85 and still leveling?
    The Demon mana pool is probably the worst DPS mana pool out there, worse than Ele Shaman (unless spamming Chain Lightning).

That's not to say that Demon mana is terrible, you can still do a lot at 90 before you go OOM.

Just so you guys know, I no longer play Warlock so this guide will not be updated. Most of it is still accurate though so I will keep it up. Sorry!