+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

cutelol is on a distinguished road
    thanks hovah 4 your info´s

so i have one more question:
    i play turbocleave, so we start the match is it recommended when the warrior or me use the trinket to get more pressure on them? or usefull when we start with full burst?

thanks 4 help!

Hovah will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by cutelol View Post

i play turbocleave, so we start the match is it recommended when the warrior or me use the trinket to get more pressure on them? or usefull when we start with full burst?

thanks 4 help!
    Its a little difficult to answer with one big sweeping answer as there are so many different comps and therefore, situations. Now, "generally" the warrior has a chance to put out a significant amount more pressure at the start as they have higher mobility and more constant damage. I'd suggest allowing the warrior to create the initial pressure. You can pop wolves and Fire ele to help create that initial pressure, just make sure that your trinket, ascendance and stormlash are available when looking to secure the kill.

As a sidenote, I would usually say to wait on using your trinket for simply creating pressure but its not bad to do, and with the changes coming to on use trinkets it will more than likely be better, overall.

Totemtoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cutelol View Post

thanks 4 help!

Hey, i recommend you check out some Diablous videos he plays this comp or at least pre 5.1

They have the very offensive playstyle kill or be killed by poping cooldowns within first 30 seconds. He also went full mastery for it so he had more burst durin Ascendance.

Tried it myself but will go back to haste when i start buying off parts.

Fluxa is on a distinguished road
    Totemtoe: What videos are you referring to?

I would really appriciate a list of the most important addons a enh should have, Hovah!

When you talk about the stat weights I'm having trouble following you, eg:

PvP Power>Agility

With what factor is PVP power better than agility? Is it like PVP power = 3 x agility? (i.e. with a factor of 3, just as an example) Or how should I look at it?

Thanks again for a really good thread! It has helped me a lot already =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxa View Post
    Totemtoe: What videos are you referring to?

I would really appriciate a list of the most important addons a enh should have, Hovah!

When you talk about the stat weights I'm having trouble following you, eg:

PvP Power>Agility

With what factor is PVP power better than agility? Is it like PVP power = 3 x agility? (i.e. with a factor of 3, just as an example) Or how should I look at it?

Thanks again for a really good thread! It has helped me a lot already =)
    Not a problem, man. I'm glad you're getting something from it. I can add an official list on there but the ones I would look at are shaman friend, displays weapon buff warnings, Windfury crits, what spells you've purged, etc. gladiatorlosa is another addon that announces when spells are used on the enemy team. Can really help while you're learning and is really useful with how fast games move these days. Any nameplate addon helps, I use tidy plates threat plates as they are crisper and smoother and more customizable than the base nameplates. I'd try plate buffs as well, it displays CDs and cc effects the target is currently affected by and aids in managing what is going on.

In terms of how the pvp power vs agi discussion goes, it's in terms of how they scale. While agi scales in a linear pattern I.e. 1 agi=2 attack power, pvp power directly scales relative to your damage in a way that say 1 agi gives you 100 damage, and 1 pvp power gives you 100, and 2 agi gives 101 damage, pvp power would give you 102, so both of these stats work hand in hand but in terms of the amount available on gear of both stats pvp power will directly influence your damage higher than agi because it includes your agility in it. From what I have heard, there might be a point at which agi will out scale pvp power, but for now pvp power is king. Sorry I don't have any official math with me.
    Last edited by Hovah; 12-08-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Zairne is on a distinguished road
    Which comp do you think will work best post-trinket nerf? Turbo Cleave doesn't seem to be going so well for me. I'm thinking of trying enh/loc/hpal or rdruid, or Enh/Feral/Hpal...maybe even enh/shadow/heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zairne View Post
    Which comp do you think will work best post-trinket nerf? Turbo Cleave doesn't seem to be going so well for me. I'm thinking of trying enh/loc/hpal or rdruid, or Enh/Feral/Hpal...maybe even enh/shadow/heals.
    I would say enhance/feral/holy pally or enhance/shadow/healer would be best. Keep in mind, enhance/feral/holy pally is a very aggressive comp and is really good against god comp. if you play this be sure you as the shaman get the symbiosis from the Druid and use the solarbeam on the Mage during his opener. This negates their initial momentum and. And can quickly
    Turn the match in your favor. Contrary to this comp, playing with a shadow priest is much more of a slow paced turtle comp that is focused on getting trinkets from cc and timing burst after you've gotten your enemies CDs. This can be easier to survive with but can be more difficult to lock down a kill as you're main strat revolves around outliving your opponents CDs and killing through counter pressure. This being said, other comps can and still do work though I wouldn't play with a lock atm. The most viable spec is destro and without a dedicated class to peel for the lock it's much more difficult to get their chaos bolts off and secure a kill. Both the lock and enhance are easily trainable and I would definitely recommend a resilience build for either comp

Zairne is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the answer! Very helpful. I ran Enh/Feral/Holy Pal last expansion and loved it. Transferred servers in order to get more RBGs (Was on Horde Demon Soul, but transferred to Alliance on Tichondrius). I was typically 1800-1950 in arenas in the last two expansions, but I'm hovering around 1600s these days, which is frustrating. May go back Horde just for the orc racials.

Oh and thanks for the Rockbiter weapon buff macro too. I am going to test it out in arenas tonight or tomorrow. I haven't been using rockbiter weapon at all in arenas so this may help my survivability problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zairne View Post
    Thanks for the answer! Very helpful. I ran Enh/Feral/Holy Pal last expansion and loved it. Transferred servers in order to get more RBGs (Was on Horde Demon Soul, but transferred to Alliance on Tichondrius). I was typically 1800-1950 in arenas in the last two expansions, but I'm hovering around 1600s these days, which is frustrating. May go back Horde just for the orc racials.

Oh and thanks for the Rockbiter weapon buff macro too. I am going to test it out in arenas tonight or tomorrow. I haven't been using rockbiter weapon at all in arenas so this may help my survivability problem.
    Of course! Happy to help. I've ben every race of shaman, and still have 4, 2 at max level, and I can't stand playing anything other than Orc anymore. The blood fury is nice, for sure, any on use damage is amazing. But the stun reduction and the expertise are such great additions to this spec.
    As far as that macro goes, I haven't been using it as much, though I'm not sure what your gear looks like. If you find yourself dying while trained then I would advise using it during those phases of damage. I almost never use it vs casters just to maintain uptime on the enemy team, but I save it for heavy physical damage teams (KFC, kitty cleave.) remember to not sit in it for too long as it severely hinders your uptime and damage potential. Always remember that it only works (the unleash) on one targets incoming damage.

Also note* your battlegroup, bloodlust, is the most active and competitive in the u.s. so 1600 is probably 1800 ish on other bgs. It's important to not make excuses but realizing that it is not uncommon to face glads in that range on alts
    Last edited by Hovah; 12-13-2012 at 08:15 AM.